Scoop, there it is.....easy scoop magnet

John Madill

Elite Member
late last year i had a devil of a time finding my target at the beach. turned out it was a bobby pin that kept falling through the scoop.

Here's my .99cent solution from Harbor Freight.

Attachments

• scoop.magnet.jpg
    scoop.magnet.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Black sand is magnetic so clean it off from time to time. I took the magnet out of mine and no regrets.

Black sand is magnetic so clean it off from time to time. I took the magnet out of mine and no regrets.

Yep the magnet ended up being dead weight for me, I took mine off as well. I'm sure it could be useful in some situations though, but most of the signals I'm chasing aren't magnetic anyways...

A beach is a place where people drop coins in the sand while standing in line at the food stand.

You are in a place where train robbers and stage coach bandits buried tons of gold and silver.

I think you stand to gain more!

Last edited:
A beach is where folks not only donate coins they sometimes donate some nice jewelry. The ladies sometimes take their jewelry off and law it on their towel before they apply their lotions. Then when they get ready to go home they pick up the towel and shake the sand off. Get home and they can not find their jewelry Also guys will swim in the ocean and the cooler water causes their fingers to shrink slightly. When they come out of the water they will always shake the water off their hands.; If the ring is the least bit loose then PLUNK. I dont find many rings but enough to keep it interesting.

got a magnet on my entrencher, and i did not put it there, i found it stuck on it. nice little rectangle job about as big as two sticks of the flat boxed chewing gum. comes in handy for checking mystery items. super strong.

Back
Top Bottom