First Casualty...suggestions?

STAG15

Hey all!
Been MDing since July 4th weekend and it's become my obsession. (As I know you can all relate to)
But I was wondering, looking ahead, starting out, what the first piece of my equipment would be, to bread down.
Turns out it was the headphones.
The insulation on the cord started pulling away where it meets the jack, and the connection has finally given out. So I need new headphones. Using the ones from my home stereo in the interim.
I have heard that Killer B's are good...but was wondering if anyone had any favorite headset solutions they thought I should look at.
Of course wireless would rock, but I know there's inherent problems with that idea.
How about you? What is your favorite headphone solution?
Thanks and Happy Hunting!

I got one of the adapter plugs that allows you to plug a normal headphone jack into it. I use my Ipod head phones and it works great. I refuse to where one of the big "earmuff" over the head style.

I have Rattlers, and love them. They only cover the one ear. They are crystal clear, but only having one ear covered allows me to hear people around me, cell phone ringing, etc. I can even carry on a conversation with a buddy while MDing. I use them every time out, and have thoroughly enjoyed them

I like the Ratphones... very good tone quality and light. I must say though, the wireless with the V3 has totally won me over. No problems at all with them. RickO

I have Rattlers, and love them. They only cover the one ear. They are crystal clear, but only having one ear covered allows me to hear people around me, cell phone ringing, etc. I can even carry on a conversation with a buddy while MDing. I use them every time out, and have thoroughly enjoyed them

+ 1 on the Rattlers, especially if you live in rattlesnake country

Killer B's get my vote...especially if you're using an MXT, or similar machine where whispers are often the key to depth.

Sony Studio Monitor Series Headphones, MDRV150

I use these $20 walmart comes with the adapter
lightweight- crystal clear and fit well.

Does anyone know if the White's wireless solution can be used on other detectors?
Wireless would be awesome if I could get it to work...
Wireless and a little kickstand for my machine...that would rock...

The wireless option that White's has is exclusive to their machine - and it is marvelous. I believe there are some that can be adapted to use Bluetooth, but from what I have heard, there is a noticeable delay in the signal that can prove frustrating. RickO

Make sure you go with a headphone that you can adjust the volume on otherwise at the end of the day your ears will be bleeding!

Back
Top Bottom