Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Forum Help & Announcements

Notices

View Poll Results: Should we keep the Reputation System?
Yes, I find it very useful 20 25.00%
No, I don't think we really need it 48 60.00%
Keep it, but turn off the negative feedback. 12 15.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Elite Member

I vote against it. I think that it just drives another wedge between people, and promotes the "I'm a Starbellied Sneech and you're not." I don't come here to collect gold stars on my cheek from the admins or the other users. I just see it potentially causing bitterness in the long run. Thanks for listening.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:22 AM
Elite Member

it's over, i miss those little green squares already

Old 06-28-2011, 08:30 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Carol K View post
Nah, wouldn't work..... Well, it might work, but I haven't ever seen a script for to rate each individual post.

I have seen a forum that had a "Thank You" script. it was kind of cool.

Like if someone made a great post, then you would click a button and it would say "Detecto thanks you for making this post." or something like that.
uhh can't get it.

I think i know what detecto is talking about but can't post a pic because i can't get something to edit.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by needler420 View post
Originally Posted by Carol K View post
Nah, wouldn't work..... Well, it might work, but I haven't ever seen a script for to rate each individual post.

I have seen a forum that had a "Thank You" script. it was kind of cool.

Like if someone made a great post, then you would click a button and it would say "Detecto thanks you for making this post." or something like that.

uhh can't get it.

I think i know what detecto is talking about but can't post a pic because i can't get something to edit.
Yes there is a hack for this forum that does just what you posted about... its talked about on the Vbulletin forum... as Carol said we will be looking into it.

Banned Spammers 796

Old 06-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Elite Member

Wow, this was certainly one HOT threat with a lot of topics being discussed. of course, i was at work and missed out on the vote, but that's ok, i still got to do a ton of reading here this morning and i believe i even saw some of the original topic being discussed once or twice.

i'm neither disappointed nor pleased on how the vote for the "Rep" power went, but to add my own 2 cents to the original topic:
the actual members of the forum are what makes it what it is today. the knowledge and experience of the members is priceless and you won't find a more usefull resource for information ANYWHERE on the internet!
sometimes things are said without thinking and things can get misunderstood and taken out of context and yes, tempers do tend to flare from time to time.

i honestly believe that the Moderators and the Administration are doing a GREAT job with keeping things in check and a thumbs up to you all for your patience and a job being very well done!
if we ALL remember that this IS a friendly forum, then we have nothing to worry about and hopefully there'll never be a need for any kind of rating system. if someone wants to ignore the installed rules of the forum and they step out of line, well.... the ensuing suspension or ban from the forum is only right and fair to everyone. no one forces anyone else to say what they say on here and with a membership this large, it's not unusual or uncommon to have disagreements, but it's up to the wise man (or woman) to know when to speak and when NOT to.

keep it clean and keep it friendly and most importantly, ENJOY it! how hard is that? MDing is a great hobby and this is one GREAT bunch of people here on one terrific forum... let's all work together to keep it that way!

you all have a great day,

Pete

Old 06-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Elite Member

Default Perfect...

Originally Posted by 007tallguy View post
Wow, this was certainly one HOT threat with a lot of topics being discussed. of course, i was at work and missed out on the vote, but that's ok, i still got to do a ton of reading here this morning and i believe i even saw some of the original topic being discussed once or twice.

i'm neither disappointed nor pleased on how the vote for the "Rep" power went, but to add my own 2 cents to the original topic:
the actual members of the forum are what makes it what it is today. the knowledge and experience of the members is priceless and you won't find a more usefull resource for information ANYWHERE on the internet!
sometimes things are said without thinking and things can get misunderstood and taken out of context and yes, tempers do tend to flare from time to time.

i honestly believe that the Moderators and the Administration are doing a GREAT job with keeping things in check and a thumbs up to you all for your patience and a job being very well done!
if we ALL remember that this IS a friendly forum, then we have nothing to worry about and hopefully there'll never be a need for any kind of rating system. if someone wants to ignore the installed rules of the forum and they step out of line, well.... the ensuing suspension or ban from the forum is only right and fair to everyone. no one forces anyone else to say what they say on here and with a membership this large, it's not unusual or uncommon to have disagreements, but it's up to the wise man (or woman) to know when to speak and when NOT to.

keep it clean and keep it friendly and most importantly, ENJOY it! how hard is that? MDing is a great hobby and this is one GREAT bunch of people here on one terrific forum... let's all work together to keep it that way!

you all have a great day,

Pete

Old 06-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Elite Member

Default Until next time...

Thanks Carol, glad that science experiment's over...
Name:  supernova.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  14.8 KB

Old 06-28-2011, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cfmct-PI View post
I can't believe you posted this.... how was it rigged? you watch too much TV
Coming from an administrator himself

Old 06-28-2011, 11:53 PM

I can't believe they're gone I miss the little squares let's revolt let's do a recount ....... recount recount recount recount recount recount recount recount.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ky digger View post
I can't believe they're gone I miss the little squares let's revolt let's do a recount ....... recount recount recount recount recount recount recount recount.
No

Banned Spammers 796

Closed Thread