From the Desk of John's Detectors

West Texas John

Forum Supporter
Dear Friendlies,
I have to announce to you all that I am not allowed to sell Whites metal detectors out of state. I got a call from my Whites distributor and was told to stop selling to people from out of state and to sell only in my immediate area! Also the Whites section of my Website will be removed asap in order to meet their policies. I have always respected those that deal with their local dealers and it is only right. What I am saying is if you need to buy a Whites metal detector from John's Detectors you will need to come to my front door at 501 W. Main, Blackwell,Tx. 79506. I thank all of you for your support and look forward to doing business with you all. All of the Friendlies and others are welcome to call anytime and I will be of service to you. Good hunting, be safe, and God Bless.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors
Blackwell,Tx.
325-282-2329

John I understand what you were told but I dont agree with it.

I have a Whites Dealer about 15 miles from here......sadly its a coin shop.
They dont sell any acessories nor do I doubt they even know how to use a detector.
Guess why there is no metal detecting clubs in the Capital of Michigan.

Does this same rule apply to KellyCo as well?

If not...........im thinking blatant discrimination.

wow! that makes it almost not even worth the hassle to carry whites unless you have a big population in your town and there all whites users..I can appreciate the whole "help out your local dealers" thing but lots of folks dont have local dealers...myself included. the closest dealer to me is 4 hrs away and he's kind of a donkey so I dont deal with him. John I sure hope this doesnt impact your sales of whites machines to bad. good luck to ya man!

John I understand what you were told but I dont agree with it.

I have a Whites Dealer about 15 miles from here......sadly its a coin shop.
They dont sell any acessories nor do I doubt they even know how to use a detector.
Guess why there is no metal detecting clubs in the Capital of Michigan.

Does this same rule apply to KellyCo as well?

If not...........im thinking blatant discrimination.

My understanding is that KellyCo is the one company that White's allows to do business out of the local area.

I believe that KellyCo or anyone else should have to go by the same rules no matter how big the operation is. Steve.

Well you know guys it just isn't worth worrying about and I have other mountains to climb anyway. I do appreciate the words and I'm not going anywhere but up. But I will just go with another outfit and and I have already gotten over this bump in my road. Thanks guys and y'all go out there and find the big gold cache that is waiting for you! Good hunting and be careful too.

John Tomlinson,CET

Imagine looking forward to purchasing that dream machine, you already know who you wish to purchase it from. You make the call to the dealer and all is set, the dealer has contacted the manufactor and the order is boxed and ready to ship to the customer. Unfortunately you post about your purchase on a metal detecting forum. Someone sees it and calls the manufactor and your order is cancelled. Yep thats what happened folks, I discussed this with John on my way to work this evening.
1. Imagine wanting to spend over $1,000 and you the customer do not have the right to select who you buy it from.
2. Imagine being a site on the internet and you realize this could really impede your growth in drawing new advertizers.
What happened today is a victory for John's Detectors!

We had exclusive rights clauses where I worked with my best friend at RocknBlues Music in Victoria Tx, we sold guitars...basically we were told we had exclusive rights for our area and we couldnt sell a certain brand in another area...this however did not include internet sales as even the gestapo guitar manufacturers realized it is now a global economy, and they were going to lose alot of money by not letting us do our thing, because quite frankly, we were the best at it(still cant compete with guitar center they had rights for everywhere i guess lol, but oh well). Maybe the fine people at Whites should just ban all eBay sales then too eh? Sometimes its a helluva lot better not being an "authorized dealer".....for instance, one time a store in our town(our major competition) started stocking items that we had exclusive rights to...but, they were not an authorized dealer...so...we couldnt do anything about it....we couldnt even compete with thier prices either as they were selling below mapp....ahhh such is life....well, I hope it all works out for you.

John needs something in his inventory that none of the rest have to offer. Of course those kinds of items are hard to find. Plus it has to be something someone would want.

John needs something in his inventory that none of the rest have to offer. Of course those kinds of items are hard to find. Plus it has to be something someone would want.

how about bacon? no other detector dealer offers bacon..and everyone wants it! I know I do :D..seriously tho..I have nothing bad to say about whites as Ive had nothing but good service from them{other than an incident with a pin pointer}..but seems they need to get with the program...it is a global economy and the "thing to do" now is purchasing gear off the world wide web.

Their might be some folks interested in this.

Attachments

• sample 2.jpg
    sample 2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 184
how about bacon? no other detector dealer offers bacon..and everyone wants it! I know I do :D..seriously tho..I have nothing bad to say about whites as Ive had nothing but good service from them{other than an incident with a pin pointer}..but seems they need to get with the program...it is a global economy and the "thing to do" now is purchasing gear off the world wide web.

I'll take 10 lbs. :lol:

We had exclusive rights clauses where I worked with my best friend at RocknBlues Music in Victoria Tx, we sold guitars...basically we were told we had exclusive rights for our area and we couldnt sell a certain brand in another area...this however did not include internet sales as even the gestapo guitar manufacturers realized it is now a global economy, and they were going to lose alot of money by not letting us do our thing, because quite frankly, we were the best at it(still cant compete with guitar center they had rights for everywhere i guess lol, but oh well). Maybe the fine people at Whites should just ban all eBay sales then too eh? Sometimes its a helluva lot better not being an "authorized dealer".....for instance, one time a store in our town(our major competition) started stocking items that we had exclusive rights to...but, they were not an authorized dealer...so...we couldnt do anything about it....we couldnt even compete with thier prices either as they were selling below mapp....ahhh such is life....well, I hope it all works out for you.

Hi Kidd, well we seem to both be in the same situation! I can't play but I have a Fender American Strat and a 65 Twin Reverb and I still love the glow in the dark technology when it comes to big amps. I wish you well and just stay with it as I will also be doing. Take care.

John Tomlinson,CET
John's Detectors

Back
Top Bottom