What's the meaning of friendly?

tinsmith

Elite Member
This is a hobby, take is so serious and it can resemble a job. I would have never thought this would give one a "clicky" feeling in here given the avg age of the md hobiest. Of coarse you can get a comfortable feeling like as if your amonst friends. Even make up silly slang like "Spanking the ground" without worry of purism objecting.

Never have and not going to start following the instinct of the herd.
Goodbey.

There has been a rise in posts from certain members that makes the term "friendly" subjective. However, having been on here a while, you know that there's an ebb and flow with those types, here. I've seen elitist trolls here with 3,000 posts and good, sound posts from newbies with less than 50.

Now we're talking. Check out my threads and hope you see we are on the same page. But you're right there are some serious people on here. Some little girl's going to get a hold of mommy's detector and walk out in the back yard and make us all look bad anyway.:lol:

"Spanking the ground?" :laughing: I love it! Guess I missed that one :?: Also, I think that "clicky" feeling is because there IS a certain click here but a lot of it has to do with the fact that most of them know and have hunted with each other or live in the same area. If not, then they are joined by a common theme (beach hunting etc) Maybe it is like high school, jocks, nerds, preps, whatever. But like you said......just enjoy it for the hobby that it is and screw everyone else! ;)

"Spanking the ground?" :laughing: I love it! Guess I missed that one :?: Also, I think that "clicky" feeling is because there IS a certain click here but a lot of it has to do with the fact that most of them know and have hunted with each other or live in the same area. If not, then they are joined by a common theme (beach hunting etc) Maybe it is like high school, jocks, nerds, preps, whatever. But like you said......just enjoy it for the hobby that it is and screw everyone else! ;)

+1 Even my little puppy is getting sick of some of everybody's comments regardless if it is beach hunters or anybody else. Not that I am faultless.:grin:

geeez!!! this is like the arguement deer hunters have. some die hard bow hunters throw rocks at us that use a crossbow now that they are legal.

IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU USE!!!!!!!! we're all in the same hobby!!!! either deer hunting, or metal detecting!!

there are quite a few people here that really need a reality check when it comes to " oh he hurt my feelings with what he said about my detector!! grow up, man (or woman) UP!! take anything said to you on here with a grain of salt and quit all the whining.

we now return you to your original program. :D

It's not as serious as you think.

This is a common phenomenon on all forums across the internet. Say what you want, do what you want until you get kicked off. There is another forum waiting for you somewhere.

Now, back to detecting cemeteries at night.

geeez!!! this is like the arguement deer hunters have. some die hard bow hunters throw rocks at us that use a crossbow now that they are legal.

IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU USE!!!!!!!! we're all in the same hobby!!!! either deer hunting, or metal detecting!!

there are quite a few people here that really need a reality check when it comes to " oh he hurt my feelings with what he said about my detector!! grow up, man (or woman) UP!! take anything said to you on here with a grain of salt and quit all the whining.

we now return you to your original program. :D

This is a common phenomenon on all forums across the internet. Say what you want, do what you want until you get kicked off. There is another forum waiting for you somewhere.

Well I don't think it's all about seeing what you can get by with though. Going on someone's thread and not commenting on the OP's post and taking a jab at someone on the thread is not cool. If people are on a thread and staying on topic even though they are going back and forth forever it ain't cool to snipe in there and take a jab and leave. There are a lot of things you can do if you want.

I am just giving an opinion here. I am not giving lessons on how to act or run a forum. I would probably be as good at that as I would be in repairing a computer. You don't need me near your computer.:lol:

:shock: :toofunny: :laughing::laughing:

What do you expect when you have a group of people, each with there own personalities? People have differences in opinions and they voice those opinions. It would be pretty boring if everyone talked and acted the same way.....now as far as people being rude or ignorant....well that's up to the admins to care of. No need to get butt hurt over some comments. Get out of the little bubble your living in and open your eyes to the world we live in. If you cant handle some comments on a forum then your really not prepared for this world. I think its time for a reality check!

Its pretty likely you're gonna get your feelings hurt just about anywhere these
days. Don't take things or people to seriously :)

Friendly....

imagesCAZEE0R5_zps1e1b6cf9.jpg

<*)))>{

I was saying to myself "why is he posting a random girl in a bathing suit in this thread?"

I came back to this thread to say I see the detector now, I seriously didn't know it was there.

I was saying to myself "why is he posting a random girl in a bathing suit in this thread?"

I came back to this thread to say I see the detector now, I seriously didn't know it was there.

Don't feel bad,I missed the ocean.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom