Prayers Poll

Poll: Should prayers wished to others be allowed on the forum?

• Yes, I think we should be able to.

Votes: 134 81.2%
  • No, I'm totally against it.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • It doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 29 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never make fun of anyone expressing their opinion .... even if they do no see things the way I do. I believe in prayer, but not offended if you do not. After all isn't this what America is all about, being free to express what you believe. Politics always comes into the picture, especially for metal detecting. Why? Laws are being passed in the political arena to try and stop or at least hinder our favorite past time. We cannot eliminate politics from this forum completely. Religion cannot be eliminated completely either. In example this whole thread is about whether or not asking or requesting prayer should be allowed. You cannot totally eliminate either one religion or politics. I would just think that everyone would have enough respect and tolerance that asking for prayer should never be an issue no matter where you request it. Even on this forum. I mean simply use a little tolerance for other peoples views without getting uncomfortable or upset or offended. If a person is an atheist to some extent that is going to come out in his posts, why because that is what he is. You can't expect him to always leave that part of himself out. Same if you are religious.

A little tolerance goes a long way. Strange it is once religious people were asked to be tolerant now it is religious people asking for tolerance. Interesting.

Could not agree more! Great post!

Well, it seems like this statement is warranted now after reading all of these posts..

I made this mistake once when running a very large automotive website:

I asked the members opinions, and we went by a majority vote... Long story short, just because a majority agrees on something does NOT mean it was the best decision in the end. That site self destructed since the majority vote is not always the brightest idea!!!

Make a rule, stick to it, and be done with it. When you start trying to please everyone is when you fail....

Ok, I will prolly be flamed for this post, but here goes...

I would normally have voted "I Dont Care", but seeing as 1 person has voted "No", I have to vote "No" as well.

This cannot be a "Most votes wins" decision. There is a rule in place that states no religion or poilitics. These rules are in place for a reason, we do not want to offend ANYONE. I am not a believer, but that is either here nor there. I do not judge others on their beliefs as I am the only non-believer in a family of 5. My wife and children all attend a christian church. What you believe is completely up to you.

Heres the problem, this forum is for everyone here. If you change a rule because a majority has voted for it, then you are basically telling those who lost "sorry, live with it"

And already I have seen people posting in this thread mocking and ridiculing the one person brave enough to stand up for his/her belief. Yes, you have the right to believe in your religion and prayers, but does that one person not have the right to believe in his own?

This thread alone, despite the vote count proves that you should just keep the rule and move on.

If you want someone to know you are thinking of them, tell them so, but keep your prayers to yourself. You dont need to announce them on a forum for them to work.

This poll has nothing to do with changing any rules... they will remain the same... its just a poll about offering a prayer or a few good words to someone if they are sick or have had an accident... the rules will remain the same wishing someone a few words does not constitute a discussion.

This poll has nothing to do with changing any rules... they will remain the same... its just a poll about offering a prayer or a few good words to someone if they are sick or have had an accident... the rules will remain the same wishing someone a few words does not constitute a discussion.
Agreed! How is a simple " keeping you in my prayers" type comment hurting anyone??
I don't think it's any different from saying Merry Christmas or happy Halloween. If you don't believe in either, don't be offended because someone else makes a simple comment.
If someone is on here preaching, or trying to push their beliefs, then that's different, but people simply well wishing shouldn't be considered offensive, that's kinda over the top.
I'm not Muslim, but if there are any on here, and they want to greet me with a "Assalamu 'alaykum," then let em go for it. I'm cool with anyone who wants to wish me well, regardless of which religion or belief it stems from.

Agreed! How is a simple " keeping you in my prayers" type comment hurting anyone??
I don't think it's any different from saying Merry Christmas or happy Halloween. If you don't believe in either, don't be offended because someone else makes a simple comment.
If someone is on here preaching, or trying to push their beliefs, then that's different, but people simply well wishing shouldn't be considered offensive, that's kinda over the top.
I'm not Muslim, but if there are any on here, and they want to greet me with a "Assalamu 'alaykum," then let em go for it. I'm cool with anyone who wants to wish me well, regardless of which religion or belief it stems from.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALK'N ABOUT!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! I am a COMPLETE IDIOT because I can NOT express it my own way without getting my "foot" in the way. Thank you for actually putting "words" in my mouth that I MEANT to "say" or convey from the VERY START!!! My opinion is done here thanks to YOU. THANK YOU!!! HH \_ my fellow colleague

I'm happy:D

I am NOT qualified to be in charge of the "RED BUTTON":
advisor: Mr President (i.e. me) why did you press the red button?
me: That M'r F'r said something to me I didn't understand?
advisor: Mr President, he said he will help pay off your debt for your whole country...
me: :no::?::roll::facepalm::dash2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom