Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Antiques Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Forum Help & Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 02:37 AM
Elite Member

Point made. YOU DON'T GET IT! Who agrees with you? The other 99%ers? I have yet to see anyone fully agree with you. You aren't doing this for yourself? Get honest with yourself.

As far as your examples of changing the world. Completely silly. Not in the fact that you use progression from thinking outside the box, but how you come to your conclusions of how it all works. You are very young and typical teenager. You think you know everything because you read it in a book somewhere. Trust me son, a majority of people on this forum are more educated in an academic sense or in a common sense way than you can hope to achieve. As far as Galileo..... I won't dispute that his ideology changed the way people think, but I really, really don't think he used the Popes pulpit to preach his brand of religion.

You have infinite possibilities,via the internet, to use your amazing brilliance to create a better way. Do like Galileo did or attempted to do by using your own way. I will spell it out for you if you don't follow me, leave us that love the dark ages and go shine your brilliance on the multitude of others that you represent in your own medium. Don't use this dullard "church" to try to enlighten the masses. We (meaning me) like living in the "stone age".

I only hope in my metaphors that I haven't offended anyone.

Greg

Old 01-31-2012, 02:45 AM
Elite Member

Coin_Master...your non-comprehension of the obvious beggars belief. You've put forth your ideas and the owners have declined. Repeatedly. Amongst regular folk that's usually the end.

Imagine somebody in your neighbourhood has a big, beautiful yard and they let everybody come and hang out and have a good time...for free. It's a great place and people are generally happy and thankful. Eventually one guest begins making repeated suggestions that you prune the trees, move the garden, install a pool, and cut the grass a bit shorter. The owner politely declines (several times) saying he is quite happy with his yard the way it is but the guest, instead of graciously thanking them for the prolonged use of their beautiful yard, insists that the owner is short-sighted and simply not getting the brilliance of his ideas. Again and again this guest oversteps his boundaries and takes each "No" as either a sign of the owner's ignorance or a sign that he just needs to explain his ideas a bit differently so people will see what he sees. Eventually this guest starts to upset other guests. Coin_Master...how long do you think the yard owner will allow this guest to hang around?

Even this little parable you will probably not fully comprehend but I'm not sure how many people are going to have to say it in how many ways before the little bulb goes on for you. The site is what it is. The mods have spoken. The owners have spoken. You are but one non-paying member amongst thousands and methinks your days be numbered if you don't grow up a bit and accept the fact that not everybody sees the world as you do.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:52 AM
Moved On

Originally Posted by stewart73 View post
Coin_Master...your non-comprehension of the obvious beggars belief. You've put forth your ideas and the owners have declined. Repeatedly. Amongst regular folk that's usually the end.

Imagine somebody in your neighbourhood has a big, beautiful yard and they let everybody come and hang out and have a good time...for free. It's a great place and people are generally happy and thankful. Eventually one guest begins making repeated suggestions that you prune the trees, move the garden, install a pool, and cut the grass a bit shorter. The owner politely declines (several times) saying he is quite happy with his yard the way it is but the guest, instead of graciously thanking them for the prolonged use of their beautiful yard, insists that the owner is short-sighted and simply not getting the brilliance of his ideas. Again and again this guest oversteps his boundaries and takes each "No" as either a sign of the owner's ignorance or a sign that he just needs to explain his ideas a bit differently so people will see what he sees. Eventually this guest starts to upset other guests. Coin_Master...how long do you think the yard owner will allow this guest to hang around?

Even this little parable you will probably not fully comprehend but I'm not sure how many people are going to have to say it in how many ways before the little bulb goes on for you. The site is what it is. The mods have spoken. The owners have spoken. You are but one non-paying member amongst thousands and methinks your days be numbered if you don't grow up a bit and accept the fact that not everybody sees the world as you do.
I suppose your correct. You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. I am no longer going to suggest any new ideas because your correct, I've done enough trying to change their mind. If they don't want to try anything new I suppose it's their own prerogative.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:53 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by stewart73 View post

Wow, that was beautiful. I have heard that argument somewhere else...I think that is the one used for the illegal alien population here in the U.S. as well.

Good one Dave and great metaphor.

Greg

Old 01-31-2012, 02:55 AM
Moved On

Originally Posted by GStout76 View post
Wow, that was beautiful. I have heard that argument somewhere else...I think that is the one used for the illegal alien population here in the U.S. as well.

Good one Dave and great metaphor.

Greg
Getting political again I see. 1st OWS now this...

Old 01-31-2012, 03:05 AM
Elite Member

Wow, I actually got through to you... chalk that up as a forum wide first!

Seriously, I am done with this troll. Guys you can deal with it from here on out. I suspect this thread will be locked sooner, rather than later anyways.

Greg

Old 01-31-2012, 03:25 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Coin_Master View post
I suppose your correct. You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. I am no longer going to suggest any new ideas because your correct, I've done enough trying to change their mind. If they don't want to try anything new I suppose it's their own prerogative.
As you grow older and, Zeus willing, wiser, it may begin to dawn on you that the "problem" is not always the other, but often resides within yourself. I am in charge of a group of teachers at work and I often run ideas by them before implementing them (or not implementing them as the case may be). If 9 out of 10 are disagreeing with me then I would be a fool not to reassess my own stance. To simply chalk it up to all these people around me "not getting" my fantastic ideas would be immature and counterproductive. Your "leading horses to water" comment simply shows that you've understood nothing and remain steadfast in your ignorance. Confidence is one thing, blindness and arrogance quite another.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Nice replies Stewart...

... all one has to do is look back further in this subforum to see all the times Tim suggested different things to try out...

We had polls to let the members decide and they voted no...

We can talk until we are blue in the face but if someone doesn't like the way things are done here they are free to move on... google is your friend.

Hopefully this thread will die now.

Banned Spammers 796

Old 01-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Lunch Time Bandit

Like Craig always says... As long as everyone keeps replying to this thread he is just going to keep replying himself and its going to go on and on... So we should just stop replying to this thread now...

Old 01-31-2012, 10:32 AM
Elite Member

So does this mean we can limit posters in the classifieds to one active buying thread and one active selling thread?

I don't think I use enough smilies.

E-Trac + Pro Pointer. 2011 Totals: 33 Silver Coins, 75 Wheats, Clad: $109.31 Gold: 1
My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBanemorth?feature=mhum

Old 01-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Banemorth View post
So does this mean we can limit posters in the classifieds to one active buying thread and one active selling thread?

I don't think I use enough smilies.
every other forum I'm a member of does exactly that ^^^

Old 01-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Coin_Master View post
Controversy and boat rocking is what changes the world. If no one disagreed, we would still think the moon is made out of cheese, the earth is flat, silver bullets kill wolves, etc etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never, under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill, on the same night.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Lunch Time Bandit

HAHA Heres a few!
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Elite Member

Another one...
Attached Images

Old 01-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Supporter

Old 01-31-2012, 06:21 PM
Elite Member

Wow this got ugly in a hurry

Old 02-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Co-owner

Yeah, here's the new rules:

1.Members are allowed no more than two threads in each of the two forums (classifieds and numismatic)

2. No bumping is allowed.

We will grandfather the excess of existing threads until they expire, so, you will not be able to start new threads until you are in compliance.

This takes effect today, Feb. 1st

Closed Thread