1st Roll Hunt **Pics Added!!**

CrackTheSkye

Hey guys, only posted a few times but have been lurking for a while. Anyways, despite not having pics right this second (will post tomorrow), wanted to share the story behind my first roll hunt.

Went to the bank to make a deposit, and on a whim decided to grab a roll. They happened to have a $20 roll of halves, as opposed to the $10 rolls, so I took it home not expecting much. First coin-- 64 Kennedy. After that I couldn't help but laugh. Franklin after Franklin-- 7 altogether-- and 5 1964 Kennedys. The rest were Bicentenials. Of the Franklins, 3 are essentially uncirculated with full bell lines, no dings whatsoever, all edges clean (2 1959D's and a 1954).

I'll get pics up asap, but in the meantime-- if I ever get in a pinch, can anyone tell me what these would fetch? Thanks.

-nick

You did good! I will give you .52 each plus i will pay shipping! lol
Most people would give you x8 the face i think is going rate. $4 each

You did good! I will give you .52 each plus i will pay shipping! lol
Most people would give you x8 the face i think is going rate. $4 each

If you go on silver content, it is a little over $5 right now, I'm pretty sure. But as far as dates....that's another matter. Good job on the hunt! HH
NC

Man, That's unbelieveable!!!..........Good For You!!!........I have to admit though, I am a tad jealous!!! :mad:

Here's the pics and a list of the silver I pulled from the $20 roll... Sorry it took so long, had a busy weekend...

1959-D FBL (Full Bell Lines), 1959-D FBL, 1954-S, 1954-D, 1952-S, 1952-D, 1951-D, and 5 1964-D Kennedys. Keep scrolling down for pics of "the good ones".

picture.php

1959-D FBL, looks almost uncirculated. The pictures don't do these justice-- on the two '59's the bell lines and the words "pass and stow" are clearly visible.

picture.php

picture.php

Here is a picture of a Full bell line Franklin Half to compare yours with. Nice finds!

If all the lines on the bottom of the bell go all the way accross without any part missing or being scraped, scratched or worn away then it is called full bell lines.

Attachments

• FBLLucyBop.jpg
    FBLLucyBop.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 383
Congrats on all the silver!! Awesome condition to. WTG! I bought $40 in halves about a month ago and got nothing but 1970's and higher. Bummer.

Back
Top Bottom