Copper pennies

DeepBeeps

Anybody out there save the mostly copper pennies in case the price of copper ever goes crazy high? Just wondering, I have been hanging on to them for a few years now. Am I wasting my time?

DeepBeeps

Only thing I save is wheaties and dealers will only give you 2 cents a piece for them unless they key dates.

I have heard about rising copper prices, but I don't know much more than that. I have a lot of wheats, as I collect coins, but I am just now starting to try and find all the memorial cent dates I can.

Check todays stock report. Copper is over $6000 a ton. I think the older pennies are now worth more than a cent!!!
Greg

I checked a post can't rememeber were. It gave a link on the price of copper. The copper in a "copper " penny is worth 2 cents. Rob

Don't know if we will ever see 'crazy high' price on copper cents.....but.....the next design change for the Lincoln cent is on tap for 2009 so the memorial cents today will become what the wheaties are today (?)
Who knows...I, like many others, just hang on to my finds.....kinda of nice to haul out the bag full of coins and show folks who come to the house & think you are just wasting your time with this hobby!

Yup, I hang on to all the copper cents I get. May not be worth anything, but I still keep them JIC. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom