12,500 pennies searched CRH

RIdetector

Forum Supporter
Searched (5) boxes of pennies 12,500, just before the new year.I'm just getting around to posting.Total of 138 wheat pennies,lots of copper,all boxes were stamped Dec 16th.So I'm guessing I got alot of pennies that people rolled and cashed in for Christmas.
Wheats
1918x2
1935D
1939x7
The rest were from 1940-58 with alot of D & S mints.Going to try a box of dimes more pennies & halves

That's about double the wheat count I have been getting. The new Ace does make it nice though...

Nice!! Just wondering, do you re-roll your pennies you don't want? There are no banks around here that accept loose change :(

I reroll alot,I use a coin counter drop the coins in the hopper and fill the rolls.And Coinstar some and use extra coins from MD to make up for the fee.

Nice!! Just wondering, do you re-roll your pennies you don't want? There are no banks around here that accept loose change :(

And my credit union bank last year made me undo all the rolls I did because they wanted them loose! :dash2:

And my credit union bank last year made me undo all the rolls I did because they wanted them loose! :dash2:

Happened to me too! I never roll anymore. Wells Fargo has a free counter in the lobby, so I got a "Dump Account" there.

When I was down in Portland, OR this past break I found a Wells Fargo that only accepted loose change. I spent 1 1/2 hours rerolling the pennies and all the teller did was go to the machine and open them all. The worst part is that we don't have any of those here in SJ!! I am sooo angry. The teller even told me she would look out for silver/old/distinct coinage if I was going to stay longer. I wish I could've stayed longer :cuss:

Happened to me too! I never roll anymore. Wells Fargo has a free counter in the lobby, so I got a "Dump Account" there.

All the banks here take rolled change.I can't find a bank in RI that has a free counter it would save me alot of time just to dump loose coins.

Back
Top Bottom