Wheats that many people don't think about

OkieDigger

Forum Chipmunk
Forum Supporter
Typically when we find an old wheat penny we think, "Just another old wheat." While we enjoy finding them, we don't really pay much attention to them. In this post I'd like to bring up a few "normal" wheats that you may not know the value of, but may have sitting in your collection.

1) 1909 S (no V.D.B) wheat penny, good condition $70
2) 1914 D wheat penny, good condition $125
3) 1922 No D wheat penny, good condition $450
4) 1922 weak D wheat penny, good condition $35
5) 1931 S wheat penny, good condition $55

These aren't even double dies. I found a 1914 wheat two weeks ago and I need to check to see if it has a D or not. Let's hope so!

There are many coins (some modern) that are worth some good bucks. Good post. Cladius.

Thanks, OD. I think I have a few of them that I've never checked out.
Now, you got me openin' up the safe to find out.
(Now where's that prices book of mine?)

Cladius said:
There are many coins (some modern) that are worth some good bucks. Good post. Cladius.

Yeah, my wife showed me a doublestamped new state quarter about 2 years ago and lost or spent it. Value at the time: $1000

Yup me too Krom. I have torn open all my rolls of Wheaties to see if there is something there that just might be worth something. No such luck...... YET! :lol:

Can someone recommend a book or books tah I can buy to show values of US coins from 1809 to present, even if there is such a book, maybe there are a few.

Thank you in advance.

Mike Lang

I didn't have any luck either, Bill. Aww, maybe this summer will show better luck (I hope)...! :yes:

MikeLang said:
Can someone recommend a book or books tah I can buy to show values of US coins from 1809 to present, even if there is such a book, maybe there are a few.

Thank you in advance.

Mike Lang

Get the 2006 Red Book of US Coins.

Get the ring-bound one. The hard cover one won't stay open by itself while you're cross-referencing/working.

Funny you say that Jeff. I find myself taking it to work everyday just to look at it, lol.

Thanks a bunch, I have a borrowed whites, and we found burried cans around my freinds house along an old rock wall of sorts...The area is where his dad unearthed an parts of a union soldiers uniform and a knife for a rifle....
in these silly little cans/trays(rusted) were a few coins in each, I dont know, were they playing cards for money or something????

anyway, one particular coin interests me, it has a liberty womans head and shoulders profile on front-looks like shes wearing a toga, on back a very rough sketch of an eagle looking upwards with 13 stars around the top half of the coin. The date is 1819, and it is silver in color now.

Could it be worth anything other than the fact its almost 200 years old?

Should and if so HOW should I clean it. I know not to touch or rub it. I threw it into a glass of hot soapwater, and it cleared up enough to see what I described.

I feel like diving off of the deep end now and getting 2 of my own detectors. My bud has been MD for 3 yeas up there and found many old coins, many from Europe(1800's) and says I am his new luck charm, and days like this are or where not heard of. I found in total 27 coins of varying sizes from coins the size of todays dimes to pieces larger than 1 1/2 inches wide..... What is weird the dates go from the 1819 one, up to the 1930's. Some very weird looking silverish coins have an indian guy on front and what looks to be an animal on back (188?) Did not soak these yet. Other dime sizes coins have what looks like a guy with a jesters hat on with many points. I need this book so it seems. My bud knows the liberty coins of late, but says the 1819 coin and indian/animal coin are both amazing, interesting and possibly rare :?: :?: what do we know....

I would write the story elsewhere but dont want to sound like a show off being new to the hobby...just seemingly VERY LUCKY :D

Thank you in advance, maybe I found thousands of $$$ worth of things someone else would appreciate and I can get my surf pro :shock: and MXT that I have been drooling about for a year now.
I cant wait to hunt the beaches of my backyards on the North shore of LI and Montauk..

I will borrow a digital and take pic's asap, later this week and after the soaking....

Thank you in advance for any and all help and insight.
A very excited,

Mike Lang

PS if this reply is not in the right spot or seems off, do ehat needs to be done, thx.

Prefer

I prefer the 1909-S (with VDB)
G F EF 60 63 64 65 66
700 850 1150 1500 1675 1950 2500 3200

:D

I just reread this and think I have some 1909S in my bucket of found pennys from years ago. I was disappointed when I found them that there was no vdb. I might be in range of that M6 soon.
pop

Back
Top Bottom