For those of you hunting right now in the upper Midwest....

IDXMonster

Elite Member
You’re insane. 93F + humidity makes hunting impossible unless you’re in the water,literally. I’d need a helmet with AC,and it takes quite a bit to keep me inside. Well,that....coupled with nowhere productive to hunt within an hour of my position....

Went out this morning. 95 degrees by 10am here in Nebraska. Finally called it a day at about 11am when sweat was dripping down my face lol. I hate Nebraska weather!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It is one reason I tried night hunting Kevin. The temps with this humidity has been brutal. I have not been out but once in the last 10 days with the detector basically due to the weather. (rain and heat) Been going out working on planting the gardens, but am running back into the house for cool relief along with some shade from the sun. Got a couple morning permission hunts lined up for this next week but if the heat maintains I'll be back home before I melt. Trapper

I was done at 10 am this sunday morning,
It was about 82 degrees when left home at 8;45 arrived at my destination about 9:15 it was almost 90 I hunted till 9:45 and said forget this stuff!
I found two coins..... (two wheats)
guess I'll have to get up & out the door by 5 am and hunt till 930 tomorrow.
I really hope that this summer isn't gonna be like the winter,
How that we had many weeks of brutal cold temps in a row<
???? Will we have brutally hot temps for extended weeks in a row :mad:
( lets hope not !)
having a 3 day holiday weekend and not being able to detect really stinks because it's too hot :mad:
so now I'm watching the weather channel with live coverage of the
Tropical storm Alberto approaching Fla.
Where are those beach hunters ?? :laughing:

I was done at 10 am this sunday morning,
It was about 82 degrees when left home at 8;45 arrived at my destination about 9:15 it was almost 90 I hunted till 9:45 and said forget this stuff!
I found two coins..... (two wheats)
guess I'll have to get up & out the door by 5 am and hunt till 930 tomorrow.
I really hope that this summer isn't gonna be like the winter,
How that we had many weeks of brutal cold temps in a row<
???? Will we have brutally hot temps for extended weeks in a row :mad:
( lets hope not !)
having a 3 day holiday weekend and not being able to detect really stinks because it's too hot :mad:

EXACTLY how I’ve been thinking....brutally cold winter,short break,brutally hot summer...and 3 days of heat from hell for the weekend. Time to re-think this thing.

It is one reason I tried night hunting Kevin. The temps with this humidity has been brutal. I have not been out but once in the last 10 days with the detector basically due to the weather. (rain and heat) Been going out working on planting the gardens, but am running back into the house for cool relief along with some shade from the sun. Got a couple morning permission hunts lined up for this next week but if the heat maintains I'll be back home before I melt. Trapper

You’re onto something there Trapper. This is supposed to be enjoyable,and hunting in this stuff is NOT anywhere close to that. I’m thinking hard about that “night thing” right now.
I hope your gardens don’t give up the ghost in this !!!!.

Hunt a short while and get out of heat. Extend the hunt time everyday till you get acclimated.

Will a stick of butter get acclimated to a 400 degree griddle if it’s placed in there just for a short time and then progressively longer? Here’s a hint...I’m the butter.:grin:
Unlike the US southwest,this is NOT a “dry heat”. This is like a SAUNA,and I’m not kidding.

I remember seeing a cartoon many years ago. It was two dinosaurs walking across a desert, looked like prolly the last two dinos on the planet, their tails were dragging, their heads drooping, you could see heat rising off the rocks and there were skeletons sticking out of the sand. One turns to the other and says "At least it's a dry heat"...

I sure could use some of that "dry" right about now.

Thanks for that image Dirt Dick. Now where is that laser so that I can burn that image out of my head. :mad:

Darn tooting you are the only one. :laughing:

:lol: Don’t you have a tree to cut up or something?:grin:
I’ve been struggling to find production lately,I think we’re gonna have to change the MO...whatever that means...

:lol: Don’t you have a tree to cut up or something?:grin:
I’ve been struggling to find production lately,I think we’re gonna have to change the MO...whatever that means...

Still waiting for the guy to finish up. Long story that I will fill you in on the next time we get together. Unfortunately I think June is going to be out.

I remember seeing a cartoon many years ago. It was two dinosaurs walking across a desert, looked like prolly the last two dinos on the planet, their tails were dragging, their heads drooping, you could see heat rising off the rocks and there were skeletons sticking out of the sand. One turns to the other and says "At least it's a dry heat"...

I sure could use some of that "dry" right about now.

:lol: Amen brother!

Still waiting for the guy to finish up. Long story that I will fill you in on the next time we get together. Unfortunately I think June is going to be out.

If this heat keeps going June WILL be out! I’m not killing myself for some coins. I’ve got a good start so I’m not feeling bad. If I run across a site worth mentioning around here we’ll check it out. Trappers “night hunting” epiphany might be in the works...

If this heat keeps going June WILL be out! I’m not killing myself for some coins. I’ve got a good start so I’m not feeling bad. If I run across a site worth mentioning around here we’ll check it out. Trappers “night hunting” epiphany might be in the works...

Unfortunately for me, even if the weather turns nice:

1. Supposedly, the guy is coming tomorrow to finish up.
2. Stumps getting ground on Tuesday.
3. Then I can really start on the tree clean up and hopefully be done by the first Wednesday of June for brush pickup.
4. Busy this coming Sunday and the next Sunday.
5. Then busy for the last 2 weeks of June.

Argh!!! Hoping by the time that 5 comes around, 1, 2 and 3 are done.

Even at night here in western Arkansas is humid, I did a two hour hunt a couple of evenings ago and was still sweating profusely. I am pretty much done until after deer season..will probably hit a Florida beach a time or two on vacation. Getting ready for the other season! If you look closely at this pic. I knocked the nock off of the one arrow! That is a good sign of consistency. Did it three times in 30 minutes.
1e72782f7c7ab4b51b20ac7eba8f218a.jpg

01d13e32c251f1792b12c1f4edae2445.jpg

Even at night here in western Arkansas is humid, I did a two hour hunt a couple of evenings ago and was still sweating profusely. I am pretty much done until after deer season..will probably hit a Florida beach a time or two on vacation. Getting ready for the other season! If you look closely at this pic. I knocked the nock off of the one arrow! That is a good sign of consistency. Did it three times in 30 minutes.
1e72782f7c7ab4b51b20ac7eba8f218a.jpg

01d13e32c251f1792b12c1f4edae2445.jpg

That's not fair, you have it tied to that fence stake? That is unsportsman like! :p:D

Great shots there.

It hit 95 here today and I could only manage 4 innings at the Brewers game.
I stopped out this evening at a farm field to hunt before the beans go in and the mosquitos almost lifted me off the ground!
It's not looking good...

Back
Top Bottom