Excalibur rocking the Silvers! #153 FTY

OBN

OldCherryPicker
Forum Supporter
Been a very good year for hunting, most of the silvers are from one spot which now is getting pounded with incoming sand. :( Silver has been crazy for the last 5 weeks and the good is, it fairly clean for coming from saltwater.

Attachments

• OBN0014 (2).jpg
    OBN0014 (2).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 448
  • 20180527_114831.jpg
    20180527_114831.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 440
Wow very nice OBN :) :photo: Like you said, nice without a 1/8" of black crust all around them. Walkers look pretty too. :yes:

That's just an amazing amount for 1 hunt! :wow:

THERE it is! OBN goin' old school! Pickin' silver with the Excal.

R5

Great hunting Joe... too bad silver wasn't worth what gold is :) They haven't made a detector yet that will top the Blue Tube Viper :D

Wow very nice OBN :) :photo: Like you said, nice without a 1/8" of black crust all around them. Walkers look pretty too. :yes:
Thank you, sure saves time cleaning them also, just hit them with the dremel wire brush and they look fairly good.

:wow::wow::wow:

You've found an ocean Silver Mine! Nice.
Thank You, I hit this same spot just about two years ago and only came out of there with one silver quarter. Just happened I stopped in again and things really opened up.

Great finds! I like those halves.
Thank You, Think I have 5 from this location. Each was deep and I had no clue what they were until seen in the sifter.

very nice- and like you say clean for salt water
Thank You, One of the few spots here in the bay where they come out in good condition.

That's just an amazing amount for 1 hunt! :wow:
Thanks Felix, I got in 9 hunts at this spot and collected 90 silvers from April 20th to May 26th. Wish I would have got more in, rather tough spot to get to. Lesson learned again..Never let it rest when good.

Those walkers are excellent coming from salt.
Thank You, Hoping the next few locations the silver will be the same.

Was that a stock Excal or one that you modified?

Which coil do you like?
I don't think I could use a stock excalibur, when I worked on them I remember testing stock machines after I fixed them, hated it. And Yes, it was one of my Modified Excaliburs. Think I have used about every coil made up to 2016 for I would do coil changes for hunters, and each I always tested with a water hunt. So for me I like the stock 800 and 1000 coils. And all of my hunting is in the water..

Nice walkers and Mec. Looks like a few nice rings as well. Your on a roll OBN, don't stop now.
Thanks Dirty Dog! I agree, seems when you slow down sometimes it takes a while to get back in the groove. I'm just glad wetsuit season is here now, sure is a lot easier.

THERE it is! OBN goin' old school! Pickin' silver with the Excal.

R5
Thanks Ra1der! Love the silver for sure, I start seeing silver and I hit the brakes, and dig all.

On the silver , 49 Gold :?::roll: :hornetsnest::shrug::waiting::popcorn: :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Earl you are a mess buddy! I knew I should have taken that 49 down..

Wow you're killin' it! Congrats on the pile of silver you've accumulated so far!
Thanks Waveoff! Just wish it was worth a little more but I have no problem seeing it in the sifter. Normally I send my silver in at the beginning of the New year, but these coins are so clean. It maybe hard..

Great silver finds! Keep on going!
Thank You Chumly, No doubt silver is sweet specially from this spot.

Great hunting Joe... too bad silver wasn't worth what gold is :) They haven't made a detector yet that will top the Blue Tube Viper :D
Thanks Craig, Amen to higher priced silver, would be nice. No doubt on the ExcaliburViper for sure, Legendary in the right hands.

What an awesome pile of goodies!
Thanks Girl!! Hope you are well..And I sure miss your post.

Obn

LV you big time buddy :hornetsnest: U know i have to throw in the A of spades once in a while, i beleave on the water forum , they dont even pay attention to posting silver, its a Gold thing :laughing::laughing::laughing: happy hunting

Back
Top Bottom