Garrett GTP 1350 On the Way!

KYshooter

Elite Member
I've gotten the go-ahead from the wife :shock: to use my Christmas bonus cash to buy me an upgrade ... which is a huge deal, considering I've only been swinging for about a month with my little Bounty Hunter.

But as soon as she gave affirmation, I was on the phone. Found this sweet deal from Kellyco, with lots of extras. Hope to have it under my tree by Christmas. :D

picture.php

nice

i've heard good things about this machine , best of luck with it KYshooter and yes tell us how you like it .Dan

Slick deal - best of success with it!

Curious why you chose this model as a second/upgrade detector? What were your defining factors for the choice? What model of Bounty Hunter did you start off with?

Nortonics,

I have a Bounty Hunter Quicksilver. It's been good to me so far. I've found six silver coins in my first three weeks of hunting. But I have a bit of trouble pinpointing signals. Sometimes it gives me a strong signal in one direction, but it goes away when I shift 90 degrees. And lots of "ghost" signals if the ground is really wet.

I picked this model for a couple of reasons. First was value. It was simply a good deal. Second, from my research it seems that Garrett makes nothing but great machines, and this one seems to have some better target ID features. (Plus it comes with a great pinpointer and all of the other added Kellyco stuff...).

I figured that if I could get a solid $700 detector in the $550 range, with perks, this was the deal for me.

We'll see. Plus, not one of my daughters can swing the Bounty Hunter when we're at the beach, and maybe one can spend some detector time with me now. That would be great.:yes:

Congrats on the new toy will take a few more finds to pay for this one than the bounty hunter but it only takes one good one to do it enjoy your time using it looking forward to your posting of finds with it and a write up of how you like it and its performance

Looks like a nice machine and a good deal....now you just need that 4.5 inch coil to go with it! :yes:

Good luck and HH,
Rick

She has arrived! Ordered Tuesday night, in my hands on Friday morning. Kellyco really does a great job.

But I think I am most thrilled with the Garrett pinpointer. It is simply amazing!

Well, I watched the training video and became familiar with all the adjustments. The target pinpointing feature is OUTSTANDING. And knowing the depth of my target is something that I am completely unaccustomed to.

I promptly took the unit out in my own yard and rather quickly located two Lincolns in ground that I have checked before with my Bounty Hunter Quicksilver. :D This is, most definitely a coin hunting machine. It is already factory tuned to eliminate pull tabs. I ran it along the side of the road in front of my house and it gave all sorts of reactions to can slaw. But when you're on a coin, you get a true signal, location, depth, probable target, and target size.

I'm thrilled. Hitting a potential Civil War skirmish site this afternoon. Lead has been found there before. Fingers crossed. :tumble:

Back
Top Bottom