a welcome home PI

jameys18

well, I don't post often but i feel like i know most of you "usual guys" because I read all your post. Especially since I've been coasting around japan in a tin can for the last three months :boat: well, after reading page after page of threads and seeing results, I've decided to switch to a PI machine from my excal II. I already cleared it with the wife and as soon as i get home I'll be picking up a new Whites Surf PI! I plan on keeping the Excal as it's a great machine, but i can't shake the idea that i'm missing the deep stuff that a VLF just can't get, and the majority of the beaches on oahu are pretty clean.

CFMCT-PI, PI Joe, and Aquaman, I love reading your posts and hope one day i'll be able to have a showoff thread that compares to craigs! :bowdown:

If you find half of what Craig finds you'll be doing great! I use both of the detectors that you have and I think that they are a perfect tandem for any beach hunter. Yes, the DF is deeper but it also works better in the black sand and has a wider search pattern with its bigger coil. HH!

Jameys.. secret to being successful with a PI is patience... its not a VLF where you can cherry pick from the moment you turn it on... you have to learn the tone and variations of the 1 tone it has... a successful PI hunter digs narrow sounding targets... don't bother digging any wide sounding targets they are usually all junk... it takes time but a PI user can discriminate by ear... PI Joe does it with his Headhunter PI and I do it with my DF...

Thanks for the advice, I plan on searching around youtube for some videos on settings, how targets sound etc...

is there a dealer on here that sells at a reduced price? I know Bart sells fisher,garrets etc.. is there anyone that offers great prices on whites on here?

Thanks for the advice, I plan on searching around youtube for some videos on settings, how targets sound etc...

is there a dealer on here that sells at a reduced price? I know Bart sells fisher,garrets etc.. is there anyone that offers great prices on whites on here?

Contact NED, Andrew...

Best settings are 2 pm on the gain, pulse delay just clicked out of factory anymore and will start losing small gold and depth, threshold 12:30-1 pm...

The Dual Field is a 1 tone machine...

shot him a PM, also found all the threads of happy customers. Can't wait to get back and hit the beaches!

Back
Top Bottom