best water metal detector in salt water

vinnydog

Hi I am wondering what is the best water metal detector in salt water under $ 600 dollars thanks i was thinking the shark or sea hunter?

"Best" is sort of a loaded question. Do you mean "best" as in .... ability to get tinsel thin chains , earing studs, etc... ? You could get the "Shark", as you mused, to accomplish such tasks. And .... sure .... that pulse will cut the nastiest soils, and have good ability at the daintiest things.

But the devil will be in the details: You will also have very poor ability at telling iron (nails, paper clips, bobby pins, etc...) apart from conductive targets.

I will need one that will able to find rings and silver coins and does not detect iron

You need to read up more on detecting and how detectors work. It is not as simple as you are thinking.

Sure it is. A few false readings aside, any VLF or multifreq can give you coins and rings while ignoring iron.

PIs can not distinguish iron from conductives (manta rumors not included)

So you need a coins and jewelry hunter that can handle the ocean. That basically leaves you with Excalibur, E-Trac, CTX and Equinox. Check the used sales to find one that fits your budget.

... and does not detect iron

Then why would you be considering a pulse sand-shark ?

As far as the "Sea-hunter", I can not speak intelligently on that one, since I've never used it. But if I'm not mistaken, that's a pulse too. And I see from a cursory google search, that it boasts of discrimination. If so, a word to the wise: ANY pulse machine, that tries to incorporate a discrimination mode, I would be *very* leery of. Because .... you'd have to check to see if that's the full length/depth of the ability of the depth. Because sometimes those "disc" abilities only work for the first 4 or 5" of depth. Beyond that, everything starts to sound the same. Or perhaps, sure, you can ID tabs and foil. But yet iron and high conductors are indistinguishable.

As I say, I can't speak for certain on the Sea Hunter. But just saying: Be very leery of any pulse that claims it can discriminate.

So unless you're working some jet black nasty minerals, where you simply have no choice: Git yerself a standard VLF / MF machine. Eg.: ctx, or nox, or excal or cz21, etc....

Back
Top Bottom