Lesche Shovel Broke - Do they Replace?

spenglure

Elite Member
Does anyone know the contact number for Lesche Shovels? My favorite shovel snapped at the blade while digging a plug today. The ground was hard and I’ve used this shovel exclusively the last 2.5 years. Do they have a warranty for these? And I’m in no way posting to complain. I can’t say enough good things about this shovel. Just want my shovel fixed or replaced. Seems well built, good weld, not sure how digging plugs could do this?

Attachments

• 8F0C0C84-F6FC-4E22-883E-C247AFF7DECC.jpeg
    8F0C0C84-F6FC-4E22-883E-C247AFF7DECC.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 585
  • 5E3D30CA-8FAF-403D-B7B2-90CE0ABF35BC.jpeg
    5E3D30CA-8FAF-403D-B7B2-90CE0ABF35BC.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 475
Looks like over half of the circular weld has been missing or broken for a while. You can tell where the clean break happened. It was lacking the support of a full coverage weld.
Don't know the guarantee on those. Good luck.

5 year warranty but better to call them first. If you have to pay shipping both ways, it would be cheaper for a local re-weld. double shipping would probably put you closer to the cost of just buying a new one also.

5 year warranty but better to call them first. If you have to pay shipping both ways, it would be cheaper for a local re-weld. double shipping would probably put you closer to the cost of just buying a new one also.

Good point. I will also be looking at that. Definitely picking up another one though as a back up in case this happens again. Had to leave a good signal in the ground!

Looks like over half of the circular weld has been missing or broken for a while. You can tell where the clean break happened. It was lacking the support of a full coverage weld.
Don't know the guarantee on those. Good luck.

Yeah not sure what happened you couldn’t see that rusty inner core part before today.

Bent mine at the weld a while back trying to pry out a big piece of iron for no particular reason...put it in the farmer’s vise and bent it back. I’m sure it is somewhat compromised now... things break.

Address
W.W. Manufacturing Company, Inc.
60 Rosenhayn Avenue
Bridgeton, NJ 08302
(856) 451-5700
FAX (856) 451-4985
1-800-452-5547

Actually all their tools have pretty much a lifetime warranty.
Call the company and ask the nice lady that answers the phone what to do.
She will tell you to pack it up and send it to them and they will replace it by sending you a new one out as soon as they get it.
They will not ask you for any receipts, warranty cards or paperwork.
They will not ask you how it broke.
They will not ask you how old it is.
All they will say is send it in and they will replace it for free and even pay for the shipping back to you.
You will get a new one fast...plus a new sheath.

Trust me, I have taken advantage of this warranty in the past and a huge reason why I will always be their customer in the future.

Predator tools might have the same kind of warranty but don't quote me on that.

We are tough on equipment...Metal no matter how good it was gets fatigued...I snapped off a good high carbon steel Stanley a few years ago, just out stabbing clad and wowing around in the wet clay once...not using it as a pry bar or anything like that, just wowing out a hole like normal...after @30,000 holes I figure..It didnt bend, it just snapped clean off!.

Its a good sign when a guy can break a quality tool through typical usage..Proud of you Buddy!

Attachments

• broke.jpg
    broke.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 362
Address
W.W. Manufacturing Company, Inc.
60 Rosenhayn Avenue
Bridgeton, NJ 08302
(856) 451-5700
FAX (856) 451-4985
1-800-452-5547

Actually all their tools have pretty much a lifetime warranty.
Call the company and ask the nice lady that answers the phone what to do.
She will tell you to pack it up and send it to them and they will replace it by sending you a new one out as soon as they get it.
They will not ask you for any receipts, warranty cards or paperwork.
They will not ask you how it broke.
They will not ask you how old it is.
All they will say is send it in and they will replace it for free and even pay for the shipping back to you.
You will get a new one fast...plus a new sheath.

Trust me, I have taken advantage of this warranty in the past and a huge reason why I will always be their customer in the future.

Predator tools might have the same kind of warranty but don't quote me on that.

Yes I figured it would be stellar service and they would stand behind their product. Thanks for the contact info and all the details!!

We are tough on equipment...Metal no matter how good it was gets fatigued...I snapped off a good high carbon steel Stanley a few years ago, just out stabbing clad and wowing around in the wet clay once...not using it as a pry bar or anything like that, just wowing out a hole like normal...after @30,000 holes I figure..It didnt bend, it just snapped clean off!.

Its a good sign when a guy can break a quality tool through typical usage..Proud of you Buddy!

Holy cow a snapped off screw driver man now that’s next level!! Lol!

Well they really should stand behind their product, it's not exactly a cheap tool and it's highly regarded amongst the digger community.

They have a 5 year warranty so if it's within that, he's good to go.

Again...they never ask how old it is or for any paperwork.
There are no numbers on these things to track them back to their manufacturing date.
They have not changed how these hand tools have been made for years so they have no idea exactly how old they are...and don't really care.

Technically, a 5 year warranty, in reality I consider these lifetime warranty tools...just the same as Zippo products.
They have the same pride and attitude about their tools so Zippo's words work the same for this company as far as I am concerned...
"It works or we fix it for free".

If you mod it you lose your warranty, if you lose it you are out of luck but otherwise when you buy these tools you buy them for life.
I am sure they did the math long ago and decided to absorb the small percentage of broken tools that are returned to them yearly, it can't be that many and a stellar service reputation is worth way more to them than the money they would charge if they did stay to that 5 year limit.
George Lesche is no dummy, either...I am sure when he started his Predator company he just decided to do the same, put a 5 year warranty in the paperwork but just ignore it in real life.
If any of these tools were cheaply made and broke often a free replacement, (and return shipping), warranty would be a nightmare and very costly for these companies, luckily they are the opposite.
Not completely bulletproof or unbreakable but pretty close.

I am tough on my tools, I have owned 3 WW.MFG hand diggers and the 31" shovel for many reasons like how well they work under some very tough conditions but the most important is piece of mind.
And supreme value for the money, just in case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom