Thoughts on Coil Upgrade

penneyrich

I was thinking about getting a Detech 13" Ultimate search coil for my Garrett Ace 400. Does anyone have any experience with this combination? Is the coil worth the money? I have no need at this time for a waterproof detector. I was considering an ATP but its more money than i want to spend at this time. I was hoping that a coil upgrade would get me closer to the performance of the ATP without spending the big bucks. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I never had a ace 400 but I’ve saw videos,and by all means it looks like a good machine.But,no matter what coil you put on it it’s not gonna match the at pro coil for coil ...If I were in your shoes,Id get ahold of a sponsor and trade the ace 400 in on a at pro,,that ultimate coil money should get you close with the ace 400 to a at pro

Id go for the NEL TORNADO myself. iv had a couple of the aces and a couple of the tornados and its a good combo. the only downside is the weight [best get a harness ] and youll be digging deeper And wider holes because once you go to a bigger coil the pinpointing where to dig goes awry . nontheless a bigger coil transforms the aces . last week i was on the beach and a guy came up over the ridge said to me you wont find anything i havent [he had standard ace 300 at home] apparently was very unimpressed by it , then when he got close he saw id got a bigger coil on my ace and a deep hole says it all. on a standard coil Ace iv only ever dug a 6 inch deep hole but with bigger coil its common for me to dig down 10 or12 inches for a coin or copper nail on the beach

Last edited:
Check out MGC Labs 13" Magic coil. Eugene Mityaev is their rep here in the US. Find him on fb, also check out the Midwest Relic Recovery fb group. Just got it in the mail. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet due to a busy week.
7b5888b41cc1c1a1f60506e879e65691.jpg
aa3d86420d95fac15f4b35b8493f3412.jpg

Oldest coin dug- 1927 wheatie.

Back
Top Bottom