Quantity - Not Quality 116 quarters plus

coinshooter

Two morning hunts at a local high school that is regularly hunted by others. Some quarters on or near the surface but the majority were 2-4 inches, some a little deeper. Used a modified GM Power program. My personal best for 5 hours of hunting.

Attachments

• StockHS10-14-17.JPG
    StockHS10-14-17.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 521
  • StockHS10-15-17.JPG
    StockHS10-15-17.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 526
Nice going! That program is a keeper, but I think you must have worked some good hotspot areas that others have missed? Makes you wonder what is still there?

This was the grass area right behind the home team bleachers. What got me was the lack of nickel, dime and penny targets which I had found plenty of the first day around the concession stand. I'll give it a couple of weeks and go back with a different setup.

That's definitely one way to work towards paying off the machine. Too bad that our top denomination coin (realistically speaking) in the USA is only. 25c :hmmm:

Hey! Thats a good fast clad haul there! Not bad at all! Clad teaches a guy a lot about how and why things sound the way they do...its good practice that pays off in many dividends...Congratulations!

Ya Tom.... If only there was a country that had $5 denomination coins we could go hunting at....

The trouble is, we don't speak their language in that "certain" country . Hmmm, we'll have to find a translator, eh ? :laughing: Oh ... wait ... we've had this conversation before :laughing:

I can think of spots here in the USA where .... if a person wished to TID cherry pick in heavy clad environments, ... he could bag 50, or even 100 quarters in a day. But when the value is only .25c, why bother ? (other than just for sports sake . Which .... yes.... we all sometimes do for kicks and giggles)

Very nice! High schools are great replenishers especially after the snow melts. Sometimes I think the kids throw coins at each other.

The trouble is, we don't speak their language in that "certain" country . Hmmm, we'll have to find a translator, eh ? :laughing: Oh ... wait ... we've had this conversation before :laughing:

I can think of spots here in the USA where .... if a person wished to TID cherry pick in heavy clad environments, ... he could bag 50, or even 100 quarters in a day. But when the value is only .25c, why bother ? (other than just for sports sake . Which .... yes.... we all sometimes do for kicks and giggles)

Yeah y'all, I mean we should leave the quarters for the newbies, like myself to practice on.:laughing:

There's a small town in CA, that .... several times per year .... on the center street grass median of the main drag through town ... sets up a sort of street bazaar flea market type events. I went there thinking "if this has gone on also during the older decades of the 1950s, maybe there's silver here". But alas, I found out quickly that this grass median didn't even exist till the late 1960s.

But the clad was SO thick on account of the street bazaars, that I just set my disc. to knock out everything except quarters and up. Within 2 hours I had a tad over 100 quarters + a kennedy half.

And a fellow I know figured out where the ethnic groups here in my area would go to a certain park. They set up Pinata's to hang from certain prominent overhead branches. I guess it's the custom to not only fill the pinatas with candy, but also to fill them with coins ! He spent an entire day under a single tree, with practically only a pinpointer, on his hands and knees, digging 250-ish coins. haha

Back
Top Bottom