Car guys and gals

Ran across this last week, forgot to post
(small block :facepalm:)

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/05/10/bart-starrs-super-bowl-mvp-1967-corvette-up-for-auction.html

On January 15, 1967, Green Bay Packers quarterback Bart Starr completed 16 of 23 passes for 250 yards, with two touchdowns and one interception as the Packers rolled over the Kansas City Chiefs 35-10 in the first AFL-NFL World Championship game (which would later become known as Super Bowl I). For his efforts, Starr was named the game's MVP and was awarded a shiny new 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray convertible. That Corvette is now going up for auction.

1525977501661.jpg

65 & 67 were my favorite years, but I'd take a '69 big block if someone were to give me one :D Always thought I wanted a Corvette, until I owned (and restored) one.

Anyone remember the 70's Street Freaks? Now there was something to look at, those are the cars I miss most. Crusin', street racin', and chasin' the pretty girls. Those were the raw horsepower days when you could buy high enough octane at the local Sunoco to run 12/13 to 1 compression motors. If there was a decade I could re-live, it would be the 70's for sure. (especialy if I knew what I know now, LOL!!) :yes:

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

And the paint :cool:

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

Back