rivers.....

UnclePauly

any good tips on hunting rivers.....i live by the kalamazoo river in michigan, from what ive heard this river is a gold mine in metal detecting....anyone on this forum hunt there before???? never hunted by a river so just wondering if you have any tips

Our rivers here in Nevada would be considered trickles by your standards, so my best advice is "Don't drown!" Best of luck and HH, Disconnected.

I too would be interested in the respone here. My concerns would be the current and depending on where you go (the Mississippi) freshwater fish bigger than myself.

MS

Welcome

Welcome uncle Pauley
where abouts are you located? I'm in Jackson. I dont know much about river hunting but it sure sounds like it might be fun.
Troy

My concern would be the current and depending on where you go (the Mississippi) freshwater fish bigger than myself. MS

Sam - :runaway:Afraid of little old fresh water fish are we? ;):lol:

Sam - :runaway:Afraid of little old fresh water fish are we? ;):lol:

Ummm - yes. Just the big ones. Reports lately have been that some of the Muskies are "following" people in some of the local lakes. Swimmers have been reporting this. One guy from the Treasure Hunting Club saw one following a swimmer at the lake he was at one morning. The female swimmer saw it and swam as fast as she could towards shore and upon reaching it - ran out of the water screaming "What the heck WAS THAT?!!!"
So, yes a slight fear of some of the fish.

MS

Hunt it like you would anything else. Close to the water line and in the water as much as you dare go. But watch out for the new killer trout that have been reported. :lol::lol: WOLF

:lol::lol: Rivers can be good sources of finds.. especially around old crossings or swimming spots. Never heard of a musky attacking a human.... RickO

Back
Top Bottom