Return To 1909 School Gets 4 Sterling Items

diggin4clad

Elite Member
Two weeks ago we hunted a site where a school built in 1909 once stood. The school is gone but there's a soccer field nearby and we dug nearly $22 in clad and two sterling rings. This time I hunted alone and worked a part of the soccer field we didn't hunt last time. I hunted for three hours in ground that was SOGGY from recent heavy rain but the finds were good totaling 51 coins worth $8.64 plus three sterling silver rings and a Sterling tiffany charm.

Attachments

• DSCN2444.jpg
    DSCN2444.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCN2445.jpg
    DSCN2445.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Woah great haul, congrats!
Thanks...

Excellent haul, D4C! You're killing it!
Thanks, it was one of the better hunts this year.

A very nice clad haul to go with the Sterling Charm Lock and the 3 Silver Rings. Congrats on a awesome outing. Trapper
Thanks trapper, 4 sterlings in one hunt doesn't happen very often.

Wow, what a nice haul. I love those rings. Congrats!
Thanks, the one with the blue stone seems to me to be an old one.

4 sterling including a piece of Tiffany and $8+ in clad...congrats on a excellent hunt! Surprised you haven't pulled a silver coin or 2 seeing there was a school there at one time...

4 sterling including a piece of Tiffany and $8+ in clad...congrats on a excellent hunt! Surprised you haven't pulled a silver coin or 2 seeing there was a school there at one time...
We've only covered half of the area so maybe there's a silver or two hiding where we haven't hunted yet. We'll be going back again this weekend so maybe some silver coins will pop up for us.......When we're done, we'll do the whole thing over again.

Super killer hunt!!! Congrats!!!
Thanks....

Wow! You don't see four sterlings in one hunt very often and with Tiffany too, hope that location holds more treasures for you, Congrats on a great hunt!

Wow! You don't see four sterlings in one hunt very often and with Tiffany too, hope that location holds more treasures for you, Congrats on a great hunt!
Thanks Ron, It's the first time EVER of getting 4 Sterlings in one hunt. My previous best was last year when I dug THREE and by coincidence one of the pieces was a Tiffany. Maybe someday I'll get lucky and find FIVE in one hunt.

Attachments

• Image (8).jpg
    Image (8).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 223
Two weeks ago we hunted a site where a school built in 1909 once stood. The school is gone but there's a soccer field nearby and we dug nearly $22 in clad and two sterling rings. This time I hunted alone and worked a part of the soccer field we didn't hunt last time. I hunted for three hours in ground that was SOGGY from recent heavy rain but the finds were good totaling 51 coins worth $8.64 plus three sterling silver rings and a Sterling tiffany charm.
Congrats on another good hunt with a nice take in clads and some 925 silver. I had a rough hunt at a local fairgrounds yesterday myself. The fair went totally to tickets for both food and rides. This killed the coin drops and this site that produced well last year.

Congrats on another good hunt with a nice take in clads and some 925 silver. I had a rough hunt at a local fairgrounds yesterday myself. The fair went totally to tickets for both food and rides. This killed the coin drops and this site that produced well last year.
Thanks Bub......Tickets instead of coins is becoming an all too familiar tale these days.

Congrats on all the silver!
Thanks....

Back
Top Bottom