Highlights of the week, and a key date!

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
Finds of the week from various places in town:

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

At an old house that the county tore down, I found the 1909 wheatie. A street tearout led to the pocket watch frame which is gold filled and 10K tested, and had serial numbers that dated it to an Elgin 1904 model. The key date wheatie, also found there, is a 1914D that the NGC coin guide quoted $70 - $100 in PrAg condition. The other wheats I had found there, and at another permission lot that I just started hunting. The silver CTR ring I found at a soccer field along with a good assortment of clad.

The street tearout is a high visibility area, and a worker on his day off asked what I was dong there. I told him that I was looking for lead pipe and old coins, and that if he wanted me to leave, I would. He said he didnt care, but his boss might. He said that he just wanted to keep the kids out. Not sure how to deal with this since it is public property, but I have the bosses name so I can probably ask to see if its OK with him. Its a smaller town than where I lived before.....dont want to ruffle feathers.

Thanks for looking, and HH!

Congrats on the gold and the 14D. I got one last year and have seen a few pop up on youtube detecting vids this year. Nice.

Congrats on the gold and the 14D. I got one last year and have seen a few pop up on youtube detecting vids this year. Nice.

Thank you

Wow nice hunting! Sweet wheat! I found a similar CTR ring in red, long ago.

Thanks, many mormons around here, and its the 2nd one I found.

The "14D" Wheat looks pretty nice and the Sterling Ring is awesome Tommy. Congrats on some very neat digs. Trapper

Thank you

Very nice!!! I have dug (2) 1914 Wheats, but both have no mint marks. Congrats on the Denver mint!!!

Thank you. Apparently counterfeiters tried to sand down the 4 in a 1944D, to make it look like a one, or use some scrapings on a non mint mark 1914 to form the D.

I am jealous of the 14 D wheatie. Nice job .

Thank you

Sounds like a solid week of hunting to me! Nice finds andkeep it up.

Thank you. I got permissions to hunt and 1895 home today, and the front yard is loaded with coin. Ill have to recover the surface stuff to get at the deeper goodies.

Nice job on the 14-D! Awesome finds Tommy!

Thanks Tom.

Nice job, I also found a 14d cent this year ,but in a coin roll.

Thank you. Your 14D has gotta be in much better shape than mine. I was shocked at the coin values. :D

I have to start looking at my wheats. I dont normally even keep my wheats. I just throw them in my change cup with my other clad.
I used to keep them. But I dig so many I stopped. Im kinda getting to the same point with Indian pennies too. I save out the really nice condition ones And toss the rest in a big jug.

I knew about the 1909 vdb one but didn't know any other wheats were worth anything.

Nice job and thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom