Squishy Pennies UpDATE!

I got to thinking...I wonder what would happen if a guy put a Silver dime in the machine instead of a penny? Like some common date Rosie or something? Anybody ever try it?!:?:

I went to go help my Dad take his dock out this morning...Its a 3hr drive..asked the Wife if she wanted to go along...Its a long haul and makes for a full day....

I expected a 'No Thank you' or a 'Hell No!' But for some reason she said she wanted to go along?...About 2hrs into the drive I found out why..."Hey, Theres a Squishy Penny Machine coming up here on the Left" :mad: Thats the ONLY reason she wanted to go! She had researched the night before!

So I whipped in there and cranked a few copper ones off...Well Sir, the thought about trying a silver dime once again came into my mind, but I didnt have any on me...

So after hauling out the dock on the way back through, there was this little pawn shop I noticed...So I ups and whips in there and went to the counter and asked about scrap silver coins...The attendant had just one little tray, with a handful of Washington Q's, a half dozen Rosie Dimes, and Two Mercs! So I bought the Mercs for 13xface and headed straight back to that Squishy Machine for some scientific research! Being Scientifically minded, I theorized either it would slide through some sort of gap and I'd lose the dime completely, or else it would squish!

Ping! Oh the joyous sound of silver clanking in the little hopper!..:laughing: I bet I can sell it at the Coin Club Meeting for $5! :laughing: So there you have it! Another Mystery solved regarding this subject!

Attachments

• squishy merc.jpg
    squishy merc.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 152
I enjoy collecting them on trips. Here are a few older ones that I have.

Attachments

• 02B46D96-27F2-4807-9B8B-5422338DC4E2.jpg
    02B46D96-27F2-4807-9B8B-5422338DC4E2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 91
Cool topic, lots of laughs!
I had to go through my tokens jar, I knew I had some,
One is a Nickelodeon mall of America, with sponge Bob & Patrick,
The other has the golden gate bridge
c3c46ad7bea9cb1e887acfd2eead92b4.jpg
a490f8e06feb6468127dd0728b631c19.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

In the right light, and angle on the back of the SpongeBob, squishy penny I can see the word liberty and it's a 1970 D (Denver mint)
d5b045136028abd91944510ff3ec4f57.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

old squishy

I dug one of those up in my yard this summer. It say "standard oil exhibit Chicago worlds fair 1934". It cleaned up pretty decently but I didn't know there are so many of them. I saw them at the museum of science and industry when I was there in the 50's.

Attachments

• 0724180803-1.jpg
    0724180803-1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 60
You always make me laugh! When we were kids we used to make our homemade version of squishy pennies by putting coins on the train tracks. It was so fun to return the next day and dig through the gravel to find our squashed treasures. That was the '80s. If kids did that now it would offend someone.

Squishy Club

I finally found me first squishy!! It's almost 700 miles away from it's birthplace!!

Attachments

• SMASHED 09-24-18.jpg
    SMASHED 09-24-18.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom