1921 Merc

Benny

Just started detecting a couple of weeks ago found a lot of coins but nothing like what I found yesterday . Anybody know anything about it like what its worth , what kind of shape its in . Like i said i dont know a lot about it , just started.

Attachments

• 1921 MERC DIME 039_crop.jpg
    1921 MERC DIME 039_crop.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 508
  • 1921 MERC DIME 038_crop.jpg
    1921 MERC DIME 038_crop.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 514
Most of the time when you pull a coin out of the ground it has very little value to a serious collector.

It is worth 2.55 just in silver. It's a great find. Mercury dimes are my favorite.

The key date with Mercs is 1916. If you find one minted in Denver. I know of one that sold for around 8000 last year, it was in exceptional condition and graded pretty high.

1921 Mercury 1,230,000 minted Quite a low mintage on the low end of grading per red book G-4 is worth $65. That is a great find especially a key date like this

It's a key date, but a little beat up (not by you). Still worth more than melt value, I would guess. Congrats.

Thanks for the input , very helpful, I really enjoy detecting , I will probobly upgrade on detectors one day all i got right now is a bh tracker iv it seems to do a pretty good job , i just dont know enough about the hobby yet but i have a feeling i will.

I would give you five dollars for it.....LOL!

Honestly...even in poor shape that coin is sweet. I would love to find a 21!

The 2011 Red book would suggest $65 in G-4. You may have trouble finding someone to pay $65 for it, but you should be able to find someone that would pay more than the $5 I was offering. LOL. I would suspect that somebody needing to fill a spot in a coin book would pay $30 or so...but I'm no expert...so take this for what it is...just an opinion.

Great Find!

Firewxman

good find...i have a 1921D at home my dad has thats in pretty good shape...sometime here im gonna take it up and see if i can get some cash out of it

good find...i have a 1921D at home my dad has thats in pretty good shape...sometime here im gonna take it up and see if i can get some cash out of it

Ya might want to ask Dad first otherwise he might take you out to the woodshed

Ya might want to ask Dad first otherwise he might take you out to the woodshed

Dads been gone for a few years now...just tryin to help my mom get rid of some of his stuff thats not used or needed...and we have plenty to get rid of...few hundred silver dimes and other odds and ends coins and jewelry he has found over the years

Dads been gone for a few years now...just tryin to help my mom get rid of some of his stuff thats not used or needed...and we have plenty to get rid of...few hundred silver dimes and other odds and ends coins and jewelry he has found over the years
Sorry about your Dad I was funning with you. I know my pop would of had me in the woodshed if I messed with his coins. As for the silver dimes I would recomend that you not be in a hurry to get rid of those as silver will continue to go up Hang onto them

Back
Top Bottom