Possible vintage military button?

Schweddy

Elite Member
Greetings all! My buddy(who's forum shy) unearthed an old button today in an area where he found some 3 ringers. It's extremely rough, although interesting. If you use your imagination, there seems to be a possible eagle with a banner of sorts beneath it. We've searched but cannot locate anything similar online. My first thought(hope) was possibly a NY "excelsior" CW button. But again - no matches. Just smaller than a dime. Thanks ahead for any help. Happy hunting all!

*more pics in coming posts.

Last edited:
Obverse

Attachments

• IMG_2536.jpg
    IMG_2536.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 266
***. Sorry about small pics. Frustrated. Tried to crop them as usual, but would not transfer when I did. Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_2542.jpg
    IMG_2542.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 236
I can't make out the face of your button, but let me give you a general rule. Buttons with iron backs are almost always a civilian fashion button. So there is a strong possibility that your button is civilian, but the style would indicate it is somewhat old.

I can't make out the face of your button, but let me give you a general rule. Buttons with iron backs are almost always a civilian fashion button. So there is a strong possibility that your button is civilian, but the style would indicate it is somewhat old.

Great observation. I was so focused on the obverse that I didn't realize that the reverse was rusty iron. I learned this painful lesson in a thread I posted last fall. Oh well. Always fun to learn though.

Agree with phil.

Attachments

• il_570xN.222184853.jpg
    il_570xN.222184853.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 209
Back
Top Bottom