Toasted Copper Help!!!

kreagerm

Elite Member
Guys I really need help on this toasted copper. This is the best pic I could come up. I found this near 3 1864 Indians and a 1876 Seated Quarter. It's a very old property. It measures 1 1/8 inches like a large cent should. Any Help would be great. The only possible letter I can see is this "L" Which I circled. I also show the original with a darkened pic as well. Thank You for all your help. It may not be a large Cent after all, I just don't know.

Attachments

• original1.jpg
    original1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 484
  • original.jpg
    original.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 415
  • darker.jpg
    darker.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 409
  • showing L.jpg
    showing L.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 406
It looks like it may be a Nova Caesarea and that "L" is actually one of the branches sticking out from under the plow. That curved line to the left of the "L" looks to be the bottom of the plow.

It looks like it may be a Nova Caesarea and that "L" is actually one of the branches sticking out from under the plow. That curved line to the left of the "L" looks to be the bottom of the plow.

Very Interesting, thank you for the lead. Looks like I need to start researching. Thank You so much,
Matt

I don't know that's a tough one, I don't believe that is an "L" but it does look like one but I dot think any coppers I've seen have an L in the middle of the coin like that. Maybe try the flashlight trick to see what details you can see.

I tried the Nova route and there are over 100 variances of that coin. Thoughts on this please? The "L" could just be those 2 lines intersecting.

Attachments

• IMG_3463.jpg
    IMG_3463.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 399
I was finally able to identify the toasted copper, with the help of some knowledgeable forum members and some Hydrogen Peroxide and Olive Oil. Here was the final result.

Attachments

• british coin.jpg
    british coin.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 251
Back
Top Bottom