F75 dst and nel coil

basstrackerman

Elite Member
I just thought id share some thoughts. First off my new F75 dst seems smoother and maybe deeper than my f75ltd2 i had.. now it may be just a coil difference as i ran the ultimate coil before and on the standard f75 i run the nel tornado.. at my hunted out site i found a bunch of 8-9 inch or deeper 22 casings.. rang out loud and clear.. lots of digging.. got a buffalo at 7 in.. and some wheaties in the 8-10 in range.. all good signals.. very impressed.. the nel coil swings better than the ultimate i had due to slightly lighter and no need for coil cover. No emi at this park like usual ... Maybe better sheilding in coil, maybe newer software in detector.. my last f75ltd2 was a newly updated when they first came out with dst.. at any rate a kick butt combo.. very deep and great on small targets..

Can't say for sure but it is possible that there have been some behind the scenes tweaks and improvements to DST units over time since they first came out with it culminating in the newest generation models.
I also believe as much as the manufacturers try not every machine that comes off any line is an exact carbon copy of each other...too many mentions of differences in the same models from a lot of models and brands when comparable models are used by the same owner.
"Hotter, sparkier, deeper, more stable", are just a few of the descriptions I have read in posts over the years.
"I should never have sold my old xxxxx model", also.

Manufacturing methods might be a bit more uniform but testing and calibration is more of a hands on human thing so that might account for such differences but just a theory.

Sounds like you got a great one there, enjoy it.

Last edited:
Kinda what i think also.. the factory tweeks here and there for improvement. My older f70 and f75's worked fine at sensitivity 30-40. Still plenty deep. With newer coils and electronics coming out these machines are crazy awesome to use.. my 705 was able to find a few targets that my previous f75ltd2 could not pick up for whatever reason. They were deep targets and i was using the nel tornado on the 705 and the ultimate on the f75ltd2.. looking back it very well could have been just a coil issue.. I haven't found a detector that can do what my f70's or f75's could do.. thats an overall assessment.. i did like the makro racer and racer 2 but both had issues so i went back to the f75.

Back
Top Bottom