It’s Not about the ‘Nox It’s About The Croc’s - 14K Bracelet!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
It seems to me that a lot of undue and unwarranted attention has been heaped on the new Equinox recently. It seems every other “Featured Thread” is “Nox” this and “Nox” that. Well, some of it may be understandable as the Equinox is like that hot, new foreign exchange student from an exotic country making her way into a new school in which all the attention will be drawn to her. However, I am here to say that just as important as the detector can be, I believe that the shoes that you wear to detect can be as important if not more! Yes the detector beeps as it goes over a target, but what gets you there? Maybe even leads you to the gold? :yes: Well that my fellow pirates is where your water shoes come into play! Today I decided to break out my brand new and unused Crocs. I bought them at a really good price sometime nearly 2 years ago specifically for detecting. They languished in the dark recesses of my closet until I decided last night that it was time for them to come out for a hunt.

I planned on another after work hunt again today, and again leaving a few minutes early. I arrived just at the peak of low tide around 2pm, not ideal but the best I could do. Surprisingly, I saw another pirate leaving and hollered over to him “Any luck?” He replies that there were very few targets and that it was very sanded in. And here fellow pirates is where knowing your beach, the one that you hunt REGULARLY, comes into play! In all my years detecting I rarely see other hunters there. I knew there’s "no way" to that pirate's statement as that beach ALWAYS has a lot of targets. It may not give up the gold regularly but it HAS targets! After I get in the water, I was working an offshore sandbar and came across a signal in all metal. I switch over to discriminate on Merlin and the sound is broken up amongst a few tones. I retrieve the target and :dingding:. At that time I was pretty sure the bracelet was gold. A bit afterwards the weather continues to degrade and I start to get pelted by raindrops and soon some thunder and lightning come into play. I get closer to shore and continue along the shoreline figuring that if lightning strikes me it won't take long for the lifeguards to get to me. :roll: At some point the in the middle of the hunt the junk earring is found and towards the end, the junk stainless spinner ring. I called it a day at 3.5 hours.

When I got to my car I put on my reading glasses and give a good look at the bracelet. I now decide that it was junk. :( I get home and take all the finds out and examine the bracelet closely with my jeweler’s glasses. I see a very tiny “K” on the closure with a possible “4” in front of it. :ehh: I think it’s probably dirty so I get “Bar Keeper’s Friend” and rub the entire bracelet. It gets nice and shiny and I look at the closure again. I see an unmistakable “ 4K”. I can barely perceive a “1” in front of the “4” as I move the closure with my thumb. I finally decided to sand the side of one of the small round discs on the bracelet to make sure and it passes the sanding test. :thumbsup: I weigh it and it’s a very respectable 4.9 grs. Not a bad afternoon considering I didn’t have an Equinox at a “sanded in beach”. ;)

Attachments

• 4-27-18.jpg
    4-27-18.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 691
  • 4-27-18 Crocs.jpg
    4-27-18 Crocs.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 676
  • 4-27-18 Fits.jpg
    4-27-18 Fits.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 658
  • 4-27-18 Toys.jpg
    4-27-18 Toys.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 687
Last edited:
Nice bracelet! Nope, the magic doesn’t come from the Nox. It definitely comes from the Crocs! But only the green ones with the orange strap. I have the same ones! :lol:

f8a7a26d7d394c545155160b3878f244.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice hunt Felix! Congrats on the gold! looks like there were plenty of targets, maybe the other guy forgot to turn his machine on?

Nice bracelet and shoes. A couple pairs of those I had to wear white socks and cut out the toes. The little black buttons on the inside were rubbing and causing blisters. After a few days of the socks the shoes stretched a little so they weren't rubbing anymore

Congrats to you Felix, the Crocs and Mighty Merlin! Long live those broken signals huh...:yes:Thanks for sharing!

That is a gorgeous looking bracelet! Should be able to sell it instead of melt. Congrats Felix!
The closure is not what broke its one of the connectors. I'll try to sell without fixing but if it involves some cash to fix it that ain't going to happen. :no2:

If you hunted with the Nox , your Felix 44 pennies would be non existent , they ID deadly at 21 , congrats on the gold.
If I didn't dig the pennies detecting wouldn't be as fun Earl. Plus my posts wouldn't bother Craig as much! ;)

A couple pairs of those I had to wear white socks and cut out the toes. The little black buttons on the inside were rubbing and causing blisters. After a few days of the socks the shoes stretched a little so they weren't rubbing anymore
White socks and crocks? :facepalm: You must be either one of my students or a South Beach tourist! :lol: Actually, the buttons were hurting towards the end. I will fight through it without the socks and develop a callous there I guess...but definitely NO SOCKS! :laughing:

The closure is not what broke its one of the connectors. I'll try to sell without fixing but if it involves some cash to fix it that ain't going to happen. :no2:

If I didn't dig the pennies detecting wouldn't be as fun Earl. Plus my posts wouldn't bother Craig as much! ;)

White socks and crocks? :facepalm: You must be either one of my students or a South Beach tourist! :lol: Actually, the buttons were hurting towards the end. I will fight through it without the socks and develop a callous there I guess...but definitely NO SOCKS! :laughing:
I hunt at night.. :lol:... and nobody wears white socks here. They look like pantyhose socks

Last edited:
POST Responce

+1 Felix :agreed: It's easy to get him going now day's, we all know he's having Noxious withdraw :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: Good One Bro. :pirate2: :hornetsnest::thumbsup:

Attachments

• P1000971.JPG
    P1000971.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
Nice keeper Felix but I don’t know why you had to mention the crocs! Now the forum is gonna be over run with crocs reviews and how to videos. Oh boy here we go brace yourself everyone for the tons of “look what I found with my crocs” posts..:lol:

Back
Top Bottom