NY Excelsior button and shoebuckle frame

Jlemay3

Hit a few new cellar holes this past weekend, most had already but hit by me or others or were too overgrown currently to be able to swing over the whole area. Still managed a bunch of buttons and other relics from those sites. The last one was a bit better, I didn't find a ton of stuff but the couple things I did find were worth posting about. Not sure whether someone hit it already and did a terrible job, the site just wasn't occupied long, or if when it was logged in the past it caused a lot of targets to be dragged away/buried. Will definitely try that site again when I have more time to go slow and move downed brush.

Best find was a New York Militia Excelsior button in really nice shape. Also found a complete shoebuckle frame. The frame was only a couple inches and a screaming clear high tone right near the hole which is what makes me think it wasn't hit before, would be really hard to miss that.

HG0eIQ0.jpg

AHg0lf6.jpg

Last edited:
Fixed the images sorry about that, tried doing it on my phone on my break

Nice button its looks to be in great condition still has gold gilt and nice shoebuckle frame nice hunt[emoji106][emoji2]

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone!

Nice button its looks to be in great condition still has gold gilt and nice shoebuckle frame nice hunt[emoji106][emoji2]

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Some of these were actually silver plated which I'm pretty sure this one was as the shank and around the base of it are silver. There were gold plated ones too so you aren't wrong but probably just the lighting in the picture!

Those both are great finds. Congrats on the buckle but that button is the star of this hunt. Looking forward to you next trip back to that site. Trapper

Those both are great finds. Congrats on the buckle but that button is the star of this hunt. Looking forward to you next trip back to that site. Trapper

I went back this past weekend but not much luck, a small brass leather/saddle adornment and a couple plain buttons. The area was logged and it appears they used the cellar hole as a landing of sorts for the logs so I'm sure there is stuff that got dragged all over. I think it just wasn't occupied long or someone hit it quickly in the past, that shoebuckle frame was a solid high tone in an easy to reach spot so it'd be really hard to miss if you hit it well.

Back
Top Bottom