• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

good bad hunt....

Grabbed a small 10k today..... I do t know how the other 7 or 8 hunters did. Just nada in the water. Huge tide difference from yesterday. Starting to fell like fall now. Few more peps now.

I looked hard for that chain again today....really different conditions. Thanks to all who showed up. Sorry I didn’t get more time to chat or lunch. We were alway on the other end of the beach

Good to meet up with you again Dew today.

Certainly was hard work today with very few targets in the water, but hey ho it was fun.

Just a few coins for me which came way out to the right of the beach.......and a spoon!

Hope to see all the usual suspects again next year........:yes:

Wow! Bummer on the cuff. Looks like you hunt without a strap. If you had one, you might have been able to loop it through the cuff and around the shaft... not the best support, but something to keep your arm in place.

R5

No i have a strap....... it was still to short.... believe me i tried a few ways.... even thought about turning it upside down..... but figured that bolt would really hurt.:lol:

Back in action with a good study Anderson cuff on. My words of wisdom to anyone wanting to hit the water with the BIG coil thats about out..... change your cuff.... aint no way it will hold up.

Conditions bit out there....... GREAT low tide i could swing a lot of wet sand that normally is under water. But theres just nothing with in reach worth a hoot. Even bottle caps were gone again........ just bits of foil. Nothing in the water except an occasional pull tab. I believe i got a nickel and 2 pennies.......and a couple of really junk kids rings. Need a back hole to dig a trench.:laughing:

nice piece of yellow, I mean if its only going to be 1.4 gs, might as well be 18K,,,,,,:laughing:ML has definitely gotten much better,,,,,Did you tell me about that yesterday when we hunted and I forgot? ML after replacing my connector and putting o rings on and after I get the machine back, the board died,,,,,they being it was just in for repair put a new "used" board and only charged me the hour labor and shipping cost,,,,,its a shame 4 hours hunting at the end of my hunt, it went toast again,,,,,,We shall see what they say,,,,,great hunting with you as always,,,,,that NOX was impressive on that open gold earring,,,,my Xcal wouldn't even get it,,,,GL HH

That gold earring was about 1.4 grams as well. Sooo there is a lot of gold im sure the Nox isnt seeing, in fact i KNOW there is. Hoping the Fisher isnt just another PI with more depth...... id like a small gold machine. Game changer IMO on our beaches.

Found this 14k ring with the excal, fairly deep too. Its less than a gram. How much smaller do you want to go?
I know shape has a lot to do with it but personally I dont want to be digging a bunch of small stuff anyways. I've found wire earing studs with the excal but again dont care too very often. Of course in an iron infested area this gets more difficult as well, how does the nox do in iron? A buddy tells me it loves bottle caps.

Last edited:
Got a chain with my Xcal couple of weeks back .4 grams...... that small. The Nox has considerably more depth on it. I dig the heck out of any foil out deep with the Nox just because I believe it will get what the Xcal wont. Ive got some open earrings the Xcal won’t get either and sounds like foil. Remember that large SS chain....came in as foil. I’m hoping others pass this stuff up or just don’t hear it. This year my chains and high K gold has really improved....coincidence?

Got a chain with my Xcal couple of weeks back .4 grams...... that small. The Nox has considerably more depth on it. I dig the heck out of any foil out deep with the Nox just because I believe it will get what the Xcal wont. Ive got some open earrings the Xcal won’t get either and sounds like foil. Remember that large SS chain....came in as foil. I’m hoping others pass this stuff up or just don’t hear it. This year my chains and high K gold has really improved....coincidence?

Well if it gets more depth on a 4g chain I can't argue with that. That can be a considerable advantage.

i swear that elephant looks like its getting bigger, your not by any chance holding a magnifying glass over it, are you? Irregardless its a good find , it was nice hunting with you thanks for pointing out the slot being in the front instead of the back i'm getting right on it in my mind as i'm typing.

co ngrats on the 18k elephant dew yes ML customer service has been great jamie sent me a new armcuff when mine broke jeff herke is making armcuffs for the nox i just ordered one tointe H.H.:D

Thats a good think you are upgrading especially if you are looking at the larger coil coming out soon.

I like the coverage and somewhat the weight....... but im waiting to see just how much sensitivity i loose vs depth .... if any over the standard coil. I just wished they had a 8 or 9" coil coming.

Thats a good think you are upgrading especially if you are looking at the larger coil coming out soon.

I like the coverage and somewhat the weight....... but im waiting to see just how much sensitivity i loose vs depth .... if any over the standard coil. I just wished they had a 8 or 9" coil coming.

yeah im waiting on the new 12x15 coil actually a dealer i called has 3 on the way so the herke armcuff should help instead of the stock armcuff :D

Back
Top Bottom