Today was an OMG kinda day with my first ever Key Date!

Greek2Me

Forum Supporter
Finally got out after all the rain we have had here for the past week or so.

The wife and I moved to a new place last year. A single wide mobile home on 5 acres is now our new residence. WHO KNEW! What would be in the yard of this place. I just started hunting it a couple of weeks ago or so. My first coin was a 1910 wheat, then a 1911 and a couple of 40s wheaties. I was extremely puzzled as to why coins that old were here.....fast forward to yesterday and then today! Yesterday, a 1907 indian head and a toasted unreadable one as well.

Today was the kicker. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the date. I just wish it was in better shape, but i'll take it! :yes:

Thanks for looking.

20180225_163804-1.jpg

Awesome find. I just found a gold coin and Id say that date is about as hard to find if not more

Very nice find. :clapping:

You should try Historic Aerials to see what might have been there in the past.

Very nice find. :clapping:

You should try Historic Aerials to see what might have been there in the past.

Thanks for the posts everyone. I'm still stoked.

I did use Historical Aerials website this morning and it only goes back to 1959. There was nothing on this spot at that time. However, it was cleared like a yard in the photo, just no structure from what I can tell. It's a half mile down a gravel road and there weren't many lots on the road back then.

G2M

Very cool! I found one last year as well but yours looks to be in better shape. Congrats on the key date! Goes to show you just never know what you might find until you hunt an area.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You have officially moved onto a “copper bearing site”!:grin: At least you know that the potential is there for greatness,as you have found one of the most elusive coins EVER! You guys picked a good piece of land!
Big congrats G2M!:yes:

Congrats on your finds and new home----the pup in your avatar is soooooo cute.

Back
Top Bottom