• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Wiring Diagram For Headphones

LetsGo82nd

Hi,
I am hoping someone may be able to help me out. I have two sets of headphones that I took apart in order to camouflage the ear cups. I obviously didn't take good enough notes or pictures on how they were wired up and am having trouble putting them back together now. Could anyone help me out with a wiring diagram? Both pairs use 3 wire cable. One set has volume control on each ear cup and kill switches. The 2nd set just has kill switches. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jeremy

Brand and model numbers would probably help. With that, you should be able to pull up the owners manual and possibly find a contact to customer service. They might be able to provide you with the wiring diagram....just a thought ?

Brand and model numbers would probably help. With that, you should be able to pull up the owners manual and possibly find a contact to customer service. They might be able to provide you with the wiring diagram....just a thought ?

The sets are:

Killer Bee Wasp
Gray Ghost Deep Woods

Headphone wiring

Each ear housing encloses a small speaker. Each speaker has two wires. Sometimes the wires are connected to a terminal board with + and - symbols. Wires are generally either insulated wires one dark color (-) and one light colored (+). You will also see a shield wire (-) used in place of the dark colored insulated wire (-). In rare instances the wires are made of very thin ribbon wire and are very difficult to repair. If you have a stereo phone plug, the long section of the plug is separated from the ring or center piece by an insulating material. The tip is separated from the ring section by insulated material, Generally the two (-) wires are connected together and are electrically connected to the long section of the plug. The center ring is connected to the left or right side speaker (+), the tip is connected to the left or right speaker. If you have a mono connector; long section separated by an insulator and then only a tip, connect wires from right and left (-) to the long section, connect wire from (+) right and left to tip.

Back
Top Bottom