Resource for Key dates?

Jeepfreak81

This is probably more a numismatic question than a metal detecting question but does anyone have a good resource for key date coins? I've been collecting off and on almost my whole life but never really learned much about coins, now that I'll also be searching for them in the ground I think it would be good to have an understanding of what to watch for and also to build myself a "want to find" list :D

Google works pretty good :D
Well that's what I thought but trying to find a decent list was proving difficult. Bits and pieces here and there.

I actually might have an red book I get my hands on. Will see about a newer one too. My grandmother has worked for Littleton coin for over 45 years, bet she could get me one. She still works 30 hours a week at 83 years old

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Download PCGS price guide on your phone so you have it in the field!

or the photograde app is also good. Just ignore the prices in the PCGS price guide because they are not even close to accurate. (about as bad as redbook in that regard)

Well that's what I thought but trying to find a decent list was proving difficult. Bits and pieces here and there.

I actually might have an red book I get my hands on. Will see about a newer one too. My grandmother has worked for Littleton coin for over 45 years, bet she could get me one. She still works 30 hours a week at 83 years old

Wait your grandmother works for Littleton and you're asking about coin references? :laughing:

Tell granny to tell the folks at littleton not to be so picky on bulk purchases!

Ya I try not to bother her with stuff. I actually worked there for a short period out of high school. I've heard they can be picky. They were a better company when Maynard Sundman was still alive, he was more involved and friendly than his son.

Your grandmother is truly amazing!

Back
Top Bottom