• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

10 Kt Diamond Mens Ring!

HEAVYMETALNUT

Forum Supporter
hi again,
me & rcat went back to the old river site.pulled some sort of iron cross shaped thing.in the center it has a mans profile.on the top portion of the triangle with crown it says..crowned 1848.on the right triangle it reads married 1840.on the bottom it reads buried 1887 & on the left side it says born 1818.any idea who this is? it was broken in 2 spots and i super glued it.it's very thin copper or brass and looks like it hung from a pin or something.also found a 2 buttons in a different area and a small green like area in town i pulled this marked 10kt mens diamond ring.diamond tested positive and was told it was a tenth of a carat.a good day!
dave in ct

Attachments

• MAY 2 OLD SITE CROSS.jpg
    MAY 2 OLD SITE CROSS.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 635
  • MAY 2  OLD GREEN 10 KT DIAMOND JUST FOUND  MENS RING.jpg
    MAY 2 OLD GREEN 10 KT DIAMOND JUST FOUND MENS RING.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 637
  • MAY 2  OLD GREEN 10 KT DIAMOND  MENS RING.jpg
    MAY 2 OLD GREEN 10 KT DIAMOND MENS RING.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 643
  • MAY 2 OLD GREEN 10 KT DIAMOND RING.jpg
    MAY 2 OLD GREEN 10 KT DIAMOND RING.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 622
Cool finds Dave. 1848 was not a good year for monarchs. Lots of revolutions that year. Don't know who the cross is referring. Hope someone does.

Jeff

Nice Dave, a very good day!

Seems to be some kind of memorial cross? I don't know, but very interesting. :yes:

I believe it's a medal for Queen Victoria. She did not die in 1887, but in 1901, so the 1887 date refers to something else, maybe the jubilee (50 years as queen). Nice find!

Bingo!!!

I believe it's a medal for Queen Victoria. She did not die in 1887, but in 1901, so the 1887 date refers to something else, maybe the jubilee (50 years as queen). Nice find!
HEY DOUG,YES AFTER LOOKING AT THAT 1887 DATE IT DOES SAY JUBLIEE.KINDA HARD TO SEE IT BUT I STUDIED IT UNDER A LOOP.YOU ARE RIGHT.THANKS FOR THE INFO ON THIS.NOW,CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IT WAS?OR HOW IT WAS DISPLAYED?
THANKS,
DAVE

HEY DOUG,YES AFTER LOOKING AT THAT 1887 DATE IT DOES SAY JUBLIEE.KINDA HARD TO SEE IT BUT I STUDIED IT UNDER A LOOP.YOU ARE RIGHT.THANKS FOR THE INFO ON THIS.NOW,CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IT WAS?OR HOW IT WAS DISPLAYED?
THANKS,
DAVE

Not sure, probably a souvenir or keepsake of the jubilee. Maybe worn as a pin? One of the UK members may be able to say for sure.

Back
Top Bottom