Prospector’s Choice Digger

tag1260

Anyone using a Prospector’s Choice 12″ Serrated Edge Digger ? Got one given to me brand new. Any tips as to sharpening this?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20190910_002449.jpg
    20190910_002449.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 916
I think you are best off sharpening just the top side and only knocking burrs off the back. A rat tail file works good on the serrations. regular file on the rest of it.

I wouldn't count on it lasting to long unless you have easy digging dirt. It's hard to beat a leshe or a whites

Sharpen?

use it till some wear starts to show ... by then you should have an idea if it needs any sharpening.

outside of that; penetrating and downward sawing motions leverage the effectiveness of the forward slant of each tooth, at least ensure they are "sharp". file on the existing angles, don't make new ones. no need to grind unless working out burrs or damage.

the lesche tool monopolizes the catching and cutting of sepperated hooked serrations which literally draws the cutting motion forward naturally. in theory, you could use a "rat tail" file and whittle out similar curves in the teeth of your tool. look at lesche tool pics closely. a lot of metal will need to be removed, but possible.

otherwise, that is a nice gift.

It's the same as the garret minus the name. Mine was very dull. I use a flap wheel on a 4.5" grinder but anything will work.

It's the same as the garret minus the name. Mine was very dull. I use a flap wheel on a 4.5" grinder but anything will work.

Did you just finish what they appeared to start or did you sharpen it each tooth?

I've got one of those. Bought it cheap on Amazon, didn't sharpen mine. (didn't think of that)

I've probably got 100 hours on mine this season and it works fine. I haven't bent or broken it.

Back
Top Bottom