Civil War Ghost Town Hunt

gcollins

Hi Folks,
Haven't been hunting for a while because of all the rain here, and a lot of extra duties at work!This Is the worst time of the year for me at work.Went to a ghost town right on the military road where a unit of the Kansas Cavalry spent a lot of time, from what I have read, they were there every evening if they had a chance. I love relic hunting!!
Here is my finds, 1-58 cal. bullet, 1- Enfield bullet, 3- pistol balls, 1-shot 44 cal Dragoon bullet, 1-unknown shot bullet, 3-36 cal. tear drops bullets (theses are hard to come by), and last but not LEAST a 1842 SEATED LIBERTY DIME which was a worn as a neckless shows lots of wearing time! I had a GREAT DAY! Thanks for letting me share!!!
Greg Collins

Attachments

• ghost town finds.jpg
    ghost town finds.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 771
Great finds,Greg! Was that with that new X70? What was the deepest? As you know,I have never been 'relic' hunting,but this is giving me the urge.Keep it going and good hunting!

Thanks Ron,
I havn't had the X70 out yet, these were found with the Deleon, the ground was perfect, the dime was at 6 inches, the little 36 cal tear drops were from 6-9 inches deep. I now have about 50 hours behind the Deleon, and I am learning what it is telling me, it still falses alot on flat 4x4 or so Iron, and I don't know why, but it does! Relic hunting has ruined me, it's the greatest. This fall I will have a place to take you and I can't wait. You have a good one.
see ya My Friend
greg Collins

Awesome finds man. One of these days I'll have to make it out your way.

Hey, great finds there. Civil war relic hunting is awesome isn't it? It has become my forte lately. I have more minies and musketballs now than I ever thought possible. I love it.

Thanks Guys!! I have to admit it I am ruined!!! I love relic hunting!!
I know here in my neck of the woods it is back to coin hunting untill fall, but I love those relics!!!
Thanks for the KUDDOS
Greg Collins

Nice relic hunt very interesting . congrats The pictures are really good too makes it alot better when we can see your finds .

HH Harold

Back
Top Bottom