Dig it...IF YOU DARE!

dlax

Elite Member
New Englanders who hunt in the woods will recognize this monster...

2017-02-19 19.55.55.jpg

I was torn about digging this signal, but it was ringing up a consistent high 80s on my AT pro, and I very rarely find coins in these woods. I had way too many poison ivy encounters last summer, but curiosity won.

It was a clad freaking quarter, 1991. Whyyy!

I hope your not allergic, 25 cents is nowhere near what you will need in calamine lotion :laughing: I would have done the same thing though and I AM allergic :lol: good luck this season and happy hunting!

I hope your not allergic, 25 cents is nowhere near what you will need in calamine lotion :laughing: I would have done the same thing though and I AM allergic :lol: good luck this season and happy hunting!

I found out last summer that I'm SUPER allergic, had more rounds of steroids than I care to admit. I think I was covered enough today though. I'll know in 5-7 days.

For reference, it's not just the poison ivy you should watch for. This was from a cellar hole I was digging at last spring...didn't realize until a day or two later I had been kneeling (and grinding in) poison oak at that site. Didn't even find anything worthwhile either! It was from this encounter that I learned that kneecaps shouldn't jiggle when you walk....it was disgusting and stuck around for about two weeks.

Attachments

• 11667292_10153601984537481_9064831421322692957_n.jpg
    11667292_10153601984537481_9064831421322692957_n.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 308
For reference, it's not just the poison ivy you should watch for. This was from a cellar hole I was digging at last spring...didn't realize until a day or two later I had been kneeling (and grinding in) poison oak at that site. Didn't even find anything worthwhile either! It was from this encounter that I learned that kneecaps shouldn't jiggle when you walk....it was disgusting and stuck around for about two weeks.

Dayym good to know.

I read an interesting article a few years back written by somebody...It stated that the toxicity of Poison Ivy/Oak has increased in the past decade or two, and its not like the PI of our youths...Its way much more toxic! The science behind the study was based upon the increased CO2 levels (that plants crave)...Also mentioned was the sting of Yellowjackets/Hornets and the like is more potent than when we were kids....

I dont know, I found it interesting, chalked it off to the 'Global Warming' agenda...Although, on retrospect, the PI around here does appear to be much more vibrant with larger leaves...Then, I got into a hive of yellowjackets a few years back...Sure, when we were kids, we got stung all the time, so I didnt give it much attention as I was mobbed, Of course I bravely ran away but took a dozen hits...Thinking, "OK, ya got me...cost of doing business, No Big deal"....But BOY HOWDY! Those stings seemed a LOT more painful and longer lasting than when I was a kid! Hurt for days!

I suppose a guy could google it to see if there are any updates on this subject...This World is no place for Humans I tell ya!:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom