If you had $1000 what would get??

71duster

I'm still undecided, I asked bout 2 specific detectors earlier but I wound up getting off track. So no holds bar what would get and why,,just not deus,, You guys already know I love my ATP,,, Please throw some suggestions my way ANY YOU LIKE!! and thanks for letting me be a pain in the donkey,,, You Guys Are Great!!!!

I'd get me a new lazyboy rocker. The leather on this one is starting to wear, and the cat's clawed it up a bit. :p

Seriously I'd get a nice used Explorer SE Pro and use the leftover $ for coils.

I dont know...especially if you love the Pro..It depends on what you like to hunt I guess...maybe put it towards the travel fund? Finance some trips with?

Take that money and Maybe go to a seeded hunt some weekend? Then, you could meet other detectorists, actually try out some rigs, find some stuff, and maybe win something to trade? Just a thought...

I say this because I've settled on two rigs that I enjoy and trust and just work them...It took a while to get to know those two! If I was gonna get another rig, it would be a backup to the ones I already have...I am just too stupid and mentally exhausted to try to learn a new one, especially when Time and Gold wait for Nobody...fwiw..F70/AtPro

LRP and a TRX with a liesch digger. Next a $500+ saving certificate to put in escrow:grin: for the next dream.:grin:

If you love the ATP just get an NEL Storm Coil and wireless headphones and call it a day.

Used etrac... that's the exact progression I took ATP-ETRAC-CTX3030

I still have my ATP though and always will! I got the 3030 so I no longer needed the etrac or I would still have it too.:yes:

Used etrac, maybe with a 6x8 coil and 11 in coil and call it a day!!!

A plane ticket to a Florida beach !! Could you make it about 6 thousand so I could stay until the snows gone here :lol: HH

Used etrac... that's the exact progression I took ATP-ETRAC-CTX3030

I still have my ATP though and always will! I got the 3030 so I no longer needed the etrac or I would still have it too.:yes:

Used etrac, maybe with a 6x8 coil and 11 in coil and call it a day!!!

I did the exact same progression. E Trac is the way to go!

Nel coil for the atp and an etrac.

Attachments

• Etrac.jpg
    Etrac.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 621
Last edited:
Well I'd say the natural progression would be the Deus, but since you don't want that option I have to say a used E-Trac or even a used V3i.

I agree with Detector ,a Etrac or a v3i..The Etrac is pretty straight forward,and does a great job at going deep and the Id is solid..I'm also a big fan of the At pro.So,when I get to running a Etrac it's all good at first.Then it starts,I wanna go like I do with the at pro.And you just can't,you gotta go slower with the Etrac.If not you'll miss stuff...But the Etrac is just a great deep machine.

The v3i I've never owned,always wanted one though.The only thing that has stopped me is the hype of how involved it is to setup.Ive actually lost sleep over reading about that machine.If you watch videos of that v3i it has a high definition color screen ,just the best I've ever seen.And it can be tweaked a million different ways,but has a ton of presets.

If I were in your shoes,which I kinda am,,I would get a nice used v3i which I will this year..Since you have the At pro ,if the v3i gets you frustrated you can run the Garrett,then cool down and go back to the v3i...From what I see it's a machine you'll not grow out of,period.Look it up on YouTube.

I agree with Detector ,a Etrac or a v3i..The Etrac is pretty straight forward,and does a great job at going deep and the Id is solid..I'm also a big fan of the At pro.So,when I get to running a Etrac it's all good at first.Then it starts,I wanna go like I do with the at pro.And you just can't,you gotta go slower with the Etrac.If not you'll miss stuff...But the Etrac is just a great deep machine.

The v3i I've never owned,always wanted one though.The only thing that has stopped me is the hype of how involved it is to setup.Ive actually lost sleep over reading about that machine.If you watch videos of that v3i it has a high definition color screen ,just the best I've ever seen.And it can be tweaked a million different ways,but has a ton of presets.

If I were in your shoes,which I kinda am,,I would get a nice used v3i which I will this year..Since you have the At pro ,if the v3i gets you frustrated you can run the Garrett,then cool down and go back to the v3i...From what I see it's a machine you'll not grow out of,period.Look it up on YouTube.

The V3i isn't frustrating to use. I found it very intuitive from day one :cool:

Back
Top Bottom