Which pinpointer?

REDSKIN MAC

I had a fisher pin pointer. I liked that it rang when I touched the target but I have moved and can't find it now. What kind do u recommend? Price of it?

I have used it for 4 to 5 years I am happy with it , i do not know much about the other pointers , how much are you willing to spend ,:cool:

I have a liking for the Garrett "carrot" . Adjustable. Dunkable up to 10 feet.
Has great sensitivity. Can use whole main part sideways or just tip poking.
Can be set three levels of sensitivity, also has silent vibrate mode.
I have a black model before the at carrot. Which has served well.
But with the carrot I dont worry about anything.
75 ish used (keep eye out here) or hit up one of the sponsors :)

Mind you i can't say I've tried lots of other ones.
But I know what I like and has impressed me :)

I have a liking for the Garrett "carrot" . Adjustable. Dunkable up to 10 feet.
Has great sensitivity. Can use whole main part sideways or just tip poking.
Can be set three levels of sensitivity, also has silent vibrate mode.
I have a black model before the at carrot. Which has served well.
But with the carrot I dont worry about anything.
75 ish used (keep eye out here) or hit up one of the sponsors :)

Mind you i can't say I've tried lots of other ones.
But I know what I like and has impressed me :)

Thanks everyone, I'm leaning toward a Garrett. The black one because I don't do any water detecting.

Holler at us and we'll get your pinpointer sent out today!

I have the Whits TRX. Love that it pin points off the tip and not the whole shaft. Takes the guess out of trying to find the target in the hole. With the Garrett you could have a target in the side wall of the hole. And think that the target is in the bottom. Pluss the TRX is a pulse induction pin pointer. Gives you added depth.
I have used the Garrett and still have it. It is a good pin pointer but it leaves a lot of guess work in finding the target.

I have the Whits TRX. Love that it pin points off the tip and not the whole shaft. Takes the guess out of trying to find the target in the hole. With the Garrett you could have a target in the side wall of the hole. And think that the target is in the bottom. Pluss the TRX is a pulse induction pin pointer. Gives you added depth.
I have used the Garrett and still have it. It is a good pin pointer but it leaves a lot of guess work in finding the target.

To play devils advocate...

But, if I have the dirt outside the hole and the target is in the dirt i PREFER a side scan pinpointer because I can scan MORE of the dirt with the side of the pinpointer...

Likewise, I can "swirl" the pro-pointer around the walls of the plug and locate a target IN THE HOLE much faster than just using a 1/2 in surface of the tip of the po-inpointer. SAVING ME TIME!

In my opinion, having BOTH tip and side scan is the best of both worlds with the propointer. :yes:

To play devils advocate...

But, if I have the dirt outside the hole and the target is in the dirt i PREFER a side scan pinpointer because I can scan MORE of the dirt with the side of the pinpointer...

Likewise, I can "swirl" the pro-pointer around the walls of the plug and locate a target IN THE HOLE much faster than just using a 1/2 in surface of the tip of the po-inpointer. SAVING ME TIME!

In my opinion, having BOTH tip and side scan is the best of both worlds with the propointer. :yes:

X2

I have the black Garrett. I go around the side of the hole to find my first reading. You can move it to the side of the hole and turn it off and on again to narrow down the area just like pinpointing with your coil. If the signal is all the way around the bottom of the hole it's usually some sort of a tin can.

I've owned two Black Garrett's and they were OK, but the White's TRX blow them away. I can pick up coins way deeper in the ground with the TRX. :yes:

I've owned two Black Garrett's and they were OK, but the White's TRX blow them away. I can pick up coins way deeper in the ground with the TRX. :yes:

The Carrot's extra range approaches the TRX. I'd pay extra for that. jm2c

I actually carry both the TRX and the Carrot. TRX is deeper though. It's just more time consuming once you're in the Garretts range, especially out of the hole in a pile of dirt.

I have to agree with the above. Only problem was that I sold my TRX after I found I could not hear it. It is not as loud as the Garrett

I have to agree with the above. Only problem was that I sold my TRX after I found I could not hear it. It is not as loud as the Garrett

X2, the TRX is nearly too quiet for my ears so I have to pull of the HPs at times.

The Carrot detunes so fast with a simple push of the on-off button,,,the sidewall targets are zoomed in very quickly. No biggie.

+1 with this Quote ! Also, the TRX is very sensitive to small fine gold that the garrett just cannot pick up.

X2, the TRX is nearly too quiet for my ears so I have to pull of the HPs at times.

The Carrot detunes so fast with a simple push of the on-off button,,,the sidewall targets are zoomed in very quickly. No biggie.

I keep the volume off on my Carrots. Vibration mode is plenty for me. Wish I could turn off sound on my black PP, but electrical tape over the speaker holes does a good job of quieting it down (and protecting it from an occasional dunk!).

I keep the volume off on my Carrots. Vibration mode is plenty for me. Wish I could turn off sound on my black PP, but electrical tape over the speaker holes does a good job of quieting it down (and protecting it from an occasional dunk!).

To each their own. I'd love for all of my pointers scream like my old black Garretts pointers do. If they all had that volume, I might have saved bucks instead of buying more enhanced pointers with more depth. I don't hear bad,,,I just love the excitement which is added by a solid, loud tone when it hits solid tone right on top of the target.

You won't find a speck of black tape glue on any of my pointers. My Carrot is wimpy in volume to my wants.

True on depth with the TRX. I own both the TRX and the carrot, use the TRX more than the carrot, but like them both.

I have the sound turned off on my TRX. I much prefer the vibration only mode. I even have several layers of electrical tape over the speaker because it still beeps (quite loudly, to me anyway) when you turn it on or off. I really don't like how loud most pinpointers are.

Back
Top Bottom