An even more sunny afternoon,

bodkin

Elite Member
Hello all.

Can it possibly be? Has Spring sprung? Well, you would have thought it had yesterday afternoon. It was warm and sunny with a steady south westerly breeze and not a cloud to be seen anywhere. I had been on a local new permission hunt for a few hours with success and decided to nip home for a coffee. En route, I stopped by the horse field on the off chance the last area to search was vacant of our equine amigos - and it was, perfect! I geared up and made a start on the still noisy, iron infested ground. I suppose and hour had passed before I noticed a horse in my area and a young lady walking towards me. She explained that she was putting both horses out to graze and that it may be dangerous if I stayed as one is in a really bad mood. He had kicked the photographer on the photo shoot some hours earlier and she didn't want me being injured. I said that I would finish up and leave in that case and she then left. With one eye on the offending animal, I continued to work on through the constant chatter in my headphones. I think because I had contact with these two horses over the last few day I had no problem with them and managed another hour or so before being driven off the pasture by the need to eat.

I did well for buttons again, the best one probably being an old, slightly dented county fire brigade button made by Gaunt of London. Sack seals were again aplenty with some from Spiller's of Cardiff who I think were grain merchants and importers. Some once gilded items surfaced such as
a copper alloy brooch, finger ring and pendant in the form of a Maltese cross. The 1875 Ha'penny is in good condition but I could only find one half of the pressed silver brooch.

Many thanks as always,

b.

Attachments

• rsz_dscf5408.jpg
    rsz_dscf5408.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 166
  • rsz_dscf5409.jpg
    rsz_dscf5409.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 153
  • rsz_dscf5411_1.jpg
    rsz_dscf5411_1.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 159
  • rsz_dscf5412_1.jpg
    rsz_dscf5412_1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 156
  • rsz_dscf5413_1.jpg
    rsz_dscf5413_1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 148
  • rsz_1rsz_dscf5414_1.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_dscf5414_1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 154
  • rsz_dscf5415_1.jpg
    rsz_dscf5415_1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 159
  • rsz_dscf5407.jpg
    rsz_dscf5407.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 154
  • rsz_dscf5410_1.jpg
    rsz_dscf5410_1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 158
Another Great Hunt Bodkin! Yes indeed...Late February and it feels Spring! Robins out digging worms here, so....very early for that...Beautiful pics of your hunting area!

Nice finds.

Is there something wrong with your camera? It seems to be turning a good portion on your image green. I look out my window and I see a lot of white. All I can think is that there must be something wrong with the Camera and it is turning the snow green.

Another Great Hunt Bodkin! Yes indeed...Late February and it feels Spring! Robins out digging worms here, so....very early for that...Beautiful pics of your hunting area!

Thanks buddy. Our forecast says we are heading back to a cold spell so just making the most of what good weather we have.

Nice finds.

Is there something wrong with your camera? It seems to be turning a good portion on your image green. I look out my window and I see a lot of white. All I can think is that there must be something wrong with the Camera and it is turning the snow green.

I dropped it and it has never been the same... The horses are bright orange in reality!

Back
Top Bottom