Etrac or 3030 and Relics

luked

for relics like Civil war and so on how does the Etrac do?
is the 3030 any better?
jsut getting ideas. i am getting one or the other in the next month and was curious how well either does for this type of hunting.
i do have a Teknetics Omega 8000 also that i had thought i would just use for Relics and get an Etrac for coins. but was looking for opinions from you all users

If I was going to get a machine for strictly relics I would say the teknetics eurotek pro is an excellent machine. I was hitting dimes at seven and a half inches with it consistently if you put a double D coil on it they get killer depth for not a lot of money.

Both the etrac and that the CTX 3030 would be excellent if your run zero discrimination and just dig it all but you could probably do that with just about any machine.

As far as the deepest relics go and the best machine out there for it... Fisher F75 imo

Both will find relics.

The smallest of the small lower conductive relics,,,not so good.

In areas with loads of nails,,,CTX fairs better than etrac,,,will need smaller coil for CTX for better hunting in sites like these.

Machine weight,,,neither win here,,,Deus much better choice.

Both etrac and CTX will handle higher ground minerals,,all but the very high.

Pace of hunting once you find an area with activity,,,,will be slower using FBS/fbs2 detectors vs say a Deus.

That should just about cover it.

I have owned 2 etracs,,and 2 CTXs ,,,still have one,,and have relic hunted with all of them.

A good harness for either CTX or etrac might not be a bad idea--- unless you got Popeyes arms.

90% of my finds are relics, personally if i still had my etrac it would be my last choice to take relic hunting.

etrac would be better but less comfortable
3030 has larger sector (close to a ground zone) cut and therefore is more comfortable (less falsings)

Like stated above.. They'll both find relics but are not what I would consider an ideal relic machine. Both require a slow swing speed and neither hit low conductors very well.

For relic hunting: XP Deus > CTX 3030 > Etrac

My best bud and I have the CTX, a Deus, an Infinium and an F70.

At the beach, the CTX is the clear winner by miles ahead of the Dues. At Civil war sites in soil conditions that have low mineralization, then the Dues is a bit faster in recovery speed. Of course Dues is lighter and easier to swing, but recently we came across an area riddled with modern building debris from a collapsed house. The Dues struggled with discerning relics hidden under modern wire mesh. So, we tuned the CTX and it picked out targets left and right without any confusion of the mesh. in this scenario, the CTX won by landslide.

Why didn't I mention the Infium and F70? Well the F70 didn't cut the mustard compared to the dues. Meanwhile, the infinium had impressive depth but once it got to the area with the mesh, it sounded off every 1" and simply was worthless in this area.

Back
Top Bottom