My Daughters Rev War Lesson - Hands On!

PAJim

So they finally picked the beans at my Rev War site. My girlfriend and I where excited to get back out there (this is where she found her Hibernia Half Penny in Aug). My 12 year old daughter decides she wants to go with us, which is cool because this is the first she has shown interest in trying it out. We get to the spot at 7am yesterday. Perfect morning.... cold, sunny, no wind. I give her my spare Silver U max, a quick lesson and off she and Dani (girlfriend) go. I head to a different section of the field. 10 minutes later I hear screams of excitement! Her first target is a nice, period, Tombac button. Now shes fired up. 15 minutes later she digs a fired musket ball and about an hour after that she finds a dropped brown bess musket ball. She ended the morning with, what I think is part of a suspender clasp. Every time she found something we took the time for a quick history lesson. She said she can't wait until they get to the Rev War history in school so she can show off her finds!
I ended up with a fired musket ball, a dropped musket ball, two flat buttons, a goose band and an ornate "something". Any help identifying it would be great.
Dani had a slow morning but she spent a lot of time with my daughter helping her. What an awesome morning! Great fall morning with my two best girls!

Attachments

• EmilyFinds.jpg
    EmilyFinds.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 257
  • JR.jpg
    JR.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 245
  • Em&Dani.jpg
    Em&Dani.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 243
  • EmField.jpg
    EmField.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 261
  • JR&EM.jpg
    JR&EM.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 244
Congrats bud. I honestly didn't think there was anybody up this way hunting Rev stuff. Brown Bess ball is a tuff one to come by for us. Out of litteraly 50 balls at the "Battle of Brandywine" sites we hunt, I found ONE! Big congrats. We just got access to about 50 acres near the Sandy Hollow (Dilworthtown) area. Waiting for vegetation to die back. Any interest in hooking up, Email me at , [email protected] We're always looking for hardcore Rev guys.

Back
Top Bottom