my old wireless head phones /rechargeables are dieing so it's time to get out the fm receiver kind

bobcartree

Forum Supporter
this is one of 3 sets of fm receiver I have , it takes 4 triple AAAs , 2 in the head phones and 2 in the receiver , it's got volume control in the head phones with a tuner for the receiver , the receiver has a on off switch and 1/8 plugin jack , this is a no name brand but works great , I used industrial grade valcro to hold it in place , it holds tuff and should not be a problem , I will be getting changeable batteries for it , here are some pictures of the setup

Attachments

• GEDC0314.jpg
    GEDC0314.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 194
  • GEDC0315.jpg
    GEDC0315.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 165
  • GEDC0316.jpg
    GEDC0316.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 162
  • GEDC0317.jpg
    GEDC0317.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 156
Very Nice
I really want to get a wireless setup for my AT Pro. Have you ever noticed a Delay of any kind? The ones I've been looking at (Deteknix) say it has a .06 delay, I don't think our ear can notice that.

Very Nice
I really want to get a wireless setup for my AT Pro. Have you ever noticed a Delay of any kind? The ones I've been looking at (Deteknix) say it has a .06 delay, I don't think our ear can notice that.

no , delay that I can tell it works really good

FM units have no delay but the Bluetooth units do. In the BT units they digitize an analog signal then transmit it to the headphones, then they convert it back to analog to drive the headphones. All that conversion takes time. And the delay is significant as you listen to the tones and note where your coil is when you hear the tone peak. Well with the delay you hear the peak when the coil is no longer over the spot that caused the peak. IF you swing the coil VERY SLOWLY the error distance won't be too bad - BUT - at a normal rate of swing you could be 10' to 12' off.

Very Nice

with this set and my other set delay has not been a problem ,

I have found all my Fm receivers at yard sales for $2.00 and $3.00 , my first rechargeable non fm receiver i bought on line

Back
Top Bottom