not even on my bucket list... 1916 D

WHOA! Incredible find! That looks like the real deal.....$350 in that condition easy..IMO I hear ya....not even realistically on the bucket list but you hit the MERC lottery,,Congrats!

Outstandingly rare dirt find! Way to go Gunwolf! Thats a good sign that all will be well with your move! You are leaving on a high note for sure!
Mud

Excellent find! It does have a lot of wear, but a nice clear mint mark, which is unusual for one with that much wear. I would get it slabbed, just because there are fakes around for that date. (not implying that yours is a fake)

Are you kidding me gun? That's amaizing & this is exciting News. .
Please keep us posted as you guys go threw this experience . Never found anything that had enough value to sell or send to auction .
Mind blowing !

HH , Dew

Thanks everyone... this coin and the super allusive 1943 copper penny are two I never would have thought to put on my bucket list. this was pure luck and a great find... he sold it today for $575 to a local coin collector... so I figure $287.50 coming my way for doing what I love to do... this is the one time I regret not having a smart phone... some video or pics would have been a nice keepsake. Both me and my friend are old school flip phone guys.:roll: I used to take a camera with me to every hunt.. a few months ago it had an accidental drowning:lol: I should use this money to buy a new one.

Wow, a 1916 D pulled out of the ground. Go buy a lottery ticket or two! I've been a coin collector a lot longer than I've been swinging a coil. A 16D in any condition is hard to come by.

wow. i expected this to be a bait thread lol AMAZING! i'm kinda surprised it only got $575. I'm no expert on selling dug coins but i would have thought closer to $700 at the least, i'm probably wrong and obviously you wouldn't care either way. That is awesome bro! MAJOR CONGRATS! :cool:

Congratulations, I would never have sold it though! I would slab it and never let go of it. ..just like a trophy buck that I take, I have been offered money for the rack, I just laughed at them because they don't even understand what it takes to harvest a record book whitetail with a bow and arrow in the fair chase, free range world. Much like the 16 D, they are elusive! [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Congratulations, I would never have sold it though! I would slab it and never let go of it. ..just like a trophy buck that I take, I have been offered money for the rack, I just laughed at them because they don't even understand what it takes to harvest a record book whitetail with a bow and arrow in the fair chase, free range world. Much like the 16 D, they are elusive! [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would have kept it too ,I don't sell much at all if anything... but because I found it at a good friends house he kept it , he offered me the split I took it. this I'm sure will stir up that famous "secret pouch" debate. had I found it anywhere else I would have waited till I got home to look through my finds, and I would still have it. I'm glad I got to share it with him, we have been friends since we were young and he has gone through some tough times...

I would have kept it too ,I don't sell much at all if anything... but because I found it at a good friends house he kept it , he offered me the split I took it. this I'm sure will stir up that famous "secret pouch" debate. had I found it anywhere else I would have waited till I got home to look through my finds, and I would still have it. I'm glad I got to share it with him, we have been friends since we were young and he has gone through some tough times...

Beautiful score between friends! That was the right thing to do with your Bud, thats the real treasure, your friendship...Congrats on the money and amazing find! Something else you guys will remember forever!
Mud

You will always remember that find, that would have been a tough sell for me also but I would have bought something to remind me of it :yes:. Congrats!

WOW - huge congratulations on the Holy Grail of Mercury dimes!!!
It appears that you are a very upstanding individual and I applaud you for your honesty and fairness:yes:
Karma, Karma, Karma

Great story and find!

My buddy dug a '16 D here a while back, he turned down my offer of $ - :no:

That's one we'd all like to have under our belt.

Back
Top Bottom