Found my 29th Seated in first 29 months of detecting

Toasted

Elite Member
Hello all. Got this lady the other night. Seated #7 fty. I have found most of them from the fairgrounds site in the past but have been lucky to find most of this years at multiple locations. This one came from an old ball field that had only given up modern silvers and a few indians up until this point. I think Ive only found six rosies and mercs combined this year

Attachments

• IMG_0748.jpg
    IMG_0748.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 418
Congrats on the seated, I like surprises like that.. finding a old coin/relic where least expected

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've been digging on and off for 41 years and I have exactly zero Seated coins. I hate you! IJK...congrats on being able to hunt old properties! Nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the seated, I like surprises like that.. finding a old coin/relic where least expected

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Indeed. My last one in June came from a spot that has not produced any other coins near that age

I've been digging on and off for 41 years and I have exactly zero Seated coins. I hate you! IJK...congrats on being able to hunt old properties! Nice work.

Thats hard to believe. You must not hunt many late 19th century sites to have not found at least one. Most every site that I have detected that goes back into the 19th century has given up at least one and the ones that did not were full of indians so I assume previous hunters skipped the indians and dug the Seated/Barbers

jwp beat me to it, but I hate ya too... 😂 Not a whole lot though, I'm mostly just impressed. Congrats!

Congratulations!
One per month is just amazing.
I think I have found about 2-3 per year and I love finding them too:yes:

Sounds like you are on a roll congratulations! I am still looking for my first one save me one please:lol:

Wow, one seated per month for nearly TWO AND A HALF YEARS. I've been hunting since '88 (witha couple long breaks between, so only about 8 years) and only have two, both out of the same country church yard.

Big congrats to you sir!

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

That's an amazing accomplishment! Are we going to see them all, or you going to leave us hanging!!

That's an amazing accomplishment! Are we going to see them all, or you going to leave us hanging!!

I found 2 in 2015, 20 last year(18 from one site) and 7 so far this year(3 from 2016 site). 21 of the 29 are dimes. I posted this pic at the end of last year but here it is again. They are all in 2x2s now

Attachments

• IMG_0513.jpg
    IMG_0513.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Wow

I found 2 in 2015, 22 last year(20 from one site) and 7 so far this year(3 from 2016 site). 21 of the 29 are dimes. I posted this pic at the end of last year but here it is again. They are all in 2x2s now

Just WOW ! OUTSTANDING,. A seated anything is now on the top of my most wanted list. I've been at it about two years now, my oldest silver is an 1899 Barber dime. Any advice on how you do research would be appreciated. Thanks and many more. HH Mark

Yeah thats just Stupid Cool Alright! :laughing: Sheesh...I think you got some sort of record for Seateds found, especially in the past few years....I ain never found one...

I found 2 in 2015, 22 last year(20 from one site) and 7 so far this year(3 from 2016 site). 21 of the 29 are dimes. I posted this pic at the end of last year but here it is again. They are all in 2x2s now

That's an awesome picture! I would love to find just one. Congrats man!

I'm Jealous

No, not really. I found my first seated, a dime about 3 months ago, an 1891, the last year, after 5 years of detecting. The trick is hunting old places. Is that big one a silver dollar? You really are killing it with all those seated. Congrates.
HH everyone

Back
Top Bottom