Stitches,mansions,fires and firemen

Wom 27

Elite Member
So I got my stitches out today and on the way homes I'm looking for a burned out mansion I passed on my first trip to the doctors. I spot it and pull over. Something is differant. Anyway, I can't detect it, completely fenced in. I continue and quarter mile further, another burned out mansion. This one has access and a note on the door "This property has been determined to be abandoned/vacant". Not signed or anything. I go for iti've hunted several mansions and usually come up empty. Guess they don't party outside. This one's no different. Only thing I found was this fireman. Almost threw him out! Made no sense he was here by himself( other than the fire) so I rechecked the hole. I can only post one pic at a time so bear with me, it all makes sense ! image.jpg

Wife just got home. She has good eyes. This is my first Tootsie toy. For some reason I pictured them a lot smaller.

I have an 1996 Tootsie Toy Collectors guide and found it, Nice find.

Attachments

• 100_7102.jpg
    100_7102.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Cool find. I watch American Pickers on the History Channel, and they love those old toys like that. People collect them. Looks like the front bumper is missing. You might wanna go back and detect some more--you may just find it. It would make it a lot more valuable to a collector I think, but I'm no expert.

Hard to dig those larger toys without damaging them...a very cool find!

I once bent a piece of metal back and forth until it broke trying to get it out of a hole. Once I got it out i realized that it was part of the wing of an otherwise complete Tootsietoy airplane. The only one I had ever found.

I once bent a piece of metal back and forth until it broke trying to get it out of a hole. Once I got it out i realized that it was part of the wing of an otherwise complete Tootsietoy airplane. The only one I had ever found.

I'd you post that cause it kinda rings a bell ?

Back
Top Bottom