Found a silver half at a high school!

metaladdict

Elite Member
Trusty AT Pro got me a Canadian 1911 half dollar! I can't believe it!

Attachments

• 20160827_182504.jpg
    20160827_182504.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 453
  • 20160827_182514.jpg
    20160827_182514.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 456
Nice one.

Is that baby silver??

I don't know much about older Canadian coins.

Congrats

Congrats on that beauty of a half!

Great find, HIGH 5!:cool:

That's a fine looking coin. Congrats.

Damn, don't see those too often. Sweet save! Sterling at that!

It's not only silver, it is sterling silver, 92.5%, unlike our silver which is only 90%...

Big congrats to Metaladict!!!

<°)))>{
Thanks everyone,Its rare when I find silver coins so it was a nice surprise. I think thats silver coin #6.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT !!!!!!
How cool is that.....I've actually been shocked at how many old Canadian coins I've dug this year(6 I think, avg 100 yrs old).....I haven't seen a half. kinda weird that it has the same exact design on the back as the dimes and quarters.......
But , once again, congrats..... nice score.......big 925er to boot......
I'll have to look it up....probly a 40 dollar coin anyway.......

Hey there metal addict , how old was the high school you were detecting at ? How deep was it ?

Some of those Canadian silver coins can carry good numismatic value. So I always enjoy finding canadian silver any day . Congratz !

Hey there metal addict , how old was the high school you were detecting at ? How deep was it ?

Some of those Canadian silver coins can carry good numismatic value. So I always enjoy finding canadian silver any day . Congratz !

Tom the school looks to be from the 30s. It was 1 inch down in hard clay /rock.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT !!!!!!
How cool is that.....I've actually been shocked at how many old Canadian coins I've dug this year(6 I think, avg 100 yrs old).....I haven't seen a half. kinda weird that it has the same exact design on the back as the dimes and quarters.......
But , once again, congrats..... nice score.......big 925er to boot......
I'll have to look it up....probly a 40 dollar coin anyway.......

Wow yeah this coin could be worth a few bucks due to its little wear!!!!I hope!:shock:

Back
Top Bottom