What Exactly Am I Looking At?

DiveHunter

Forum Supporter
Hello all. I found this today while diving and detecting in the same place where I found my 1841 Hard Times Token Last week. It is a very old farm with a pond on it..This was in the pond..Found on private property with the land owners permission..So my question is what is it? It appears to be silver and is heavy..Slightly bigger than a morgan dollar...

What is it?
Is it real?
What is the Value?

Any info is aprishiated..

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 368
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 378
Well DiveHunter, Congratulations are in order. If it is real (many counterfeits have shown up over time), you have found yourself a Maria Theresa Thaler.

It is difficult to get the actual mint date on them. You see, in honor of her death, all thalers after that have been minted with the same date.

Below is one I found years ago. Mine is holed. Must have been worn as jewelry. The value will depend on the rarity of the particular specimen. Could range from $60 to $120.

If you want to read up on the history of the Thaler, go here.

Attachments

• Thaler_reverse.jpg
    Thaler_reverse.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 371
Awesome find, DiveHunter! That's one sweet dig! :yes:

Great job on the research, Rudy. You da man! :cool:

Well DiveHunter, Congratulations are in order. If it is real (many counterfeits have shown up over time), you have found yourself a Maria Theresa Thaler.

It is difficult to get the actual mint date on them. You see, in honor of her death, all thalers after that have been minted with the same date.

Below is one I found years ago. Mine is holed. Must have been worn as jewelry. The value will depend on the rarity of the particular specimen. Could range from $60 to $120.

If you want to read up on the history of the Thaler, go here.
Rudy whay is that material? Silver?

Back
Top Bottom