• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Small coil, big area, who cares...Silver!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Super hot today, hitting an area that I never thought anything went on around there but last week the park let families set up tents so gotta be something around here.

Clipboard01.jpg

Planned on using the standard elliptical, but the sniper was still on board so I just went out and wandered around the area to see if I could find something.
A few coins, a bit of solid trash, then a dime signal, a little bouncy but lots of stuff was today in the bone dry soil, still sounded great so I dug it.
1.5 grams of silver for the melt pile!
Where the red square is in the pic above.

P1050196.jpg

Went back under the trees and ate lunch, still hunted a bit with the sniper around a picnic area, got another dime signal that bounced too much for my general rule to dig but it sounded great.
That always triggers my digging instinct, sounds rule all no matter what is going on, screen-wise, so I dug it.
56D wheatie.
Love digging wheaties.

P1050200.jpg

Changed coils, went out into the open area but blazing hot so I headed over to the trees and hunted under those the rest of the time.
No more jewelry, but a 3 quarter spill under one tree, next signal a 2 quarter spill.
$1.25 in about 30 seconds...not bad for an hourly rate.
Short hunt but got a good amount of clad, a wheatie and another silver ring.

I was crazy to wander out into such a big area with such a small coil but I actually do it all the time.
Tones rule, but luck is right up there. too.
About 3 gold rings and several silver targets in these type of big areas with those tiny coils so far.
Pure luck...but I love luck.
Don't count on it but I will take it when it comes.
If you come across this situation don't think the glass is half empty and walk away, it really could be half full so just go out there and do it.
Couldn't hurt.

Attachments

• P1050199.jpg
    P1050199.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 289
red square looks like edge of outfield behind ss on old ballfield. #1 spot for goodies on a diamond.

I've always done well behind 3rd. You are right though. The baseball field is where the jewelry hides.

Nice saves digger. I'm like you, sometimes you just gotta mix things up and do what seems a little bass akwards at times. :yes:

Nice finds with the F70. Congrats on the silver. I've been out hunting with the F2 in some trashy areas with the 4" coil and can't find nuttin worth posting in a thread. It's feast or famine , I guess. I switched to the Ace250 with the sniper coil and still , nuttin worth posting in a thread.

Nice finds with the F70. Congrats on the silver. I've been out hunting with the F2 in some trashy areas with the 4" coil and can't find nuttin worth posting in a thread. It's feast or famine , I guess. I switched to the Ace250 with the sniper coil and still , nuttin worth posting in a thread.

It'll come. Believe that.

Nice work and your posts are always a good read . Wheaties always have that great color and patina , they're just cool. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom